+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rural Renewal Stream (RRS) Alberta - Outland

amromokhel

Jun 16, 2023
Hi,

I applied March 6th 2024 and still status submitted. My question is that new AAIP updates will impact my application, see below updates highlighted in red. Anyone knows what's going on.

*Rural Renewal Stream applicants with a work permit that expires in 2024 are being evaluated under the ‘Temporary Public Policy to Facilitate Work Permits for Prospective Provincial Nominee Program Candidates’ to determine if a letter in support of a work permit can be issued and will therefore not have their application for nomination assessed until at least 2025.
Rural Renewal Stream applicants without a work permit will be assessed in 2025. For AAIP to issue work permit support letters under the ‘Temporary Public Policy to Facilitate Work Permits for Prospective Provincial Nominee Program Candidates’, the Government of Canada requires AAIP to issue at least 85% of the total 2024 nominations to temporary foreign workers. To meet this requirement, AAIP must focus remaining nominations available to be issued in the Rural Renewal Stream on those who have work permits.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I applied March 6th 2024 and still status submitted. My question is that new AAIP updates will impact my application, see below updates highlighted in red. Anyone knows what's going on.

*Rural Renewal Stream applicants with a work permit that expires in 2024 are being evaluated under the ‘Temporary Public Policy to Facilitate Work Permits for Prospective Provincial Nominee Program Candidates’ to determine if a letter in support of a work permit can be issued and will therefore not have their application for nomination assessed until at least 2025.
Rural Renewal Stream applicants without a work permit will be assessed in 2025. For AAIP to issue work permit support letters under the ‘Temporary Public Policy to Facilitate Work Permits for Prospective Provincial Nominee Program Candidates’, the Government of Canada requires AAIP to issue at least 85% of the total 2024 nominations to temporary foreign workers. To meet this requirement, AAIP must focus remaining nominations available to be issued in the Rural Renewal Stream on those who have work permits.
If outland with no work permit, yes. Your application will be assessed in 2025.