+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ and health records

bkhan

Sep 23, 2015
Hello everybody,

I am a Pakistani citizen facing a difficult situation right now.

I have bipolar disorder. Unfortunately, for fear of refusal, I didn't disclose it when I submitted my PR application, nor did I disclose it during my medical examination.

I entered Canada and became a permanent resident a couple of weeks back.

Now, I am reading about the dreaded residence questionnaire for PR card renewal and citizenship applications, and the fact that CIC also requires the submission of health records as part of the residence questionnaire.

I am not sure what to do at this point. If I reveal my bipolar disorder to health professionals in Canada and receive treatment here, this will become part of my health record in Canada.

When applying for citizenship or renewing PR status, I have heard that Pakistanis are more likely to receive the residence questionnaire, as Pakistan is considered a high risk country.

I would like to receive some feedback as to whether health records submitted as part of RQ are examined by CIC solely to validate if the candidate has met the residency requirement for renewal of PR status or citizenship, or would CIC also cross-check the submitted health record with the original PR application to rule out the possibility of misrepresentation.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
bkhan

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
they didnt ask to submit health records particularly . cic would ask to submit all kinds of proofs that you stayed here . you can submit other proofs like job,paystubs,any govt trainings. As ppl think health cards are best proof they give it . Its not written in application to submit that.

Any way health records are to verify your presence in canada . I m not sure of this bipolar disorder but would it be something every time you see doctor here should take treatment or you can even hide it from local doctors and go for general ill ness.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
bkhan said:
When applying for citizenship or renewing PR status, I have heard that Pakistanis are more likely to receive the residence questionnaire, as Pakistan is considered a high risk country.
This is not true. CIC does not discriminate based on nationality when applying for citizenship. If you have the usual strong proofs, (strong proof of long-term full-time employment in Canada is usually the best), then you'll be fine. Red flags are things like frequent travel outside Canada, spouse living abroad, lack of employment in Canada, etc. Not nationality.