+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RN with spouse deported, wants to move to canada - HELP?

sasidiop

Mar 29, 2009
Hi all,

I just wanted your thoughts on this.
My friend is an international student here is the US. She is 1 year away from graduation from a BSN and being an RN. She's been engaged for more than 3 years to this wonderful guy who was living here in the US for about 8 years. He came on a tourist visa that he then adjusted to a student visa for several years but due to financial strain, eventually fell out of status. He finally got deported late last year. She really wants to move to Canada as soon as she graduates and becomes an RN. She has looked into different agencies, and health authorities and knows how to get her BC canadian license. The problem is that she really wants to get married to her fiance after dating for so long, so they can both move to canada together. How should they go about it? He was arrested by ICE and detained so would it show on the FBI police certificate. When she graduates, and she finds a job, can she go ahead and go overseas get married to him, come back to the US and go ahead and get PNP and PR including him as a spouse and then move to Canada? Her problem is the background check; would it cause a problem that he was deported (deportation usually shows on FBI police certificate). Should they even mention that the guy was ever in the US? Can they just go ahead and apply without mentioning ever that he lived here for so long?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Overstaying in the US is not a crime in Canada,Dont lie,She will only get herself blacklisted when the FBI check comes up as REQUIRED for her partner.So the answer is yes

sasidiop

Mar 29, 2009
BCguy said:
Overstaying in the US is not a crime in Canada,Dont lie,She will only get herself blacklisted when the FBI check comes up as REQUIRED for her partner.So the answer is yes
thanks for ur reply BCguy, ur very helpful. So what is your advice on the sequence of things? Should she go ahead and get married first while processing her requirements for her nursing license in BC, then get a job and go on PNP? Would advise going the PNP-PR route and apply for a work permit based on the process of the PR so she can get then faster, her and her spouse? Or should she go there first as a PR and then get married? The thing is that getting married afterwards puts the weight on proving the relationship while applying as a married couple just puts the weight on the requirements of the PNP and PR per se. What do u think? I have read many of your interventions and I have taken note of the agencies (future research). Thanks for being so helpful.