23-11-2009 to Seoul
Passport Req..
02-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2010
LANDED..........
15-06-2010
Hi,

I'm a registered nurse from South Korea. I got married last year and will be landing next month as a PR and we will be living just northwest of Calgary for the time being, so hopefully not too many issues about working legally.

My problem is finding employment as a nurse in Alberta. The majority of online job postings are open to "internal AHS employees only" and it means what it says: that they are only hiring nurses who are already in the AHS system. Upon inquiry I was advised by AHS that there *are* positions that are open to all qualified candidates, if only I look for them. Well I've been looking for the last month on all sorts of job websites and no luck :(

SO... If anyone knows anyone who may know of nursing positions in the Calgary/central Albertal area (rural hospitals included), please please please reply!!

Thanks so much :)

p.s. I already went through the internationally educated nurse courses last year at Mt. Royal and I have graduate nurse status from CARNA, good until May 2011. I plan to take the CRNE this October, so I should be licenced by end of December 2010, at the latest. So basically I am qualified to work as a nurse in Alberta, just can't find a place that'll hire non-AHS people!