+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

returning dependent please advice

tempron

Feb 22, 2009
I got workpermit visa on my philippine passport and was issued with a work permit sheet, stapled on my philippines passport by a canadian airport immigration officer, when i went to canada last year. The issued workpermit on me, I think, classified as an open work permit that doesn't require employer since I was actually a dependent of my wife, whom the principal Work permit holder. However, after a month of stay in canada, I leave canada and gone back here in england for a purpose of acquiring my naturalize british citizenship.

My question: Now, since I got my british passport, can enter canada, using my british passport and at the same time, using my work permit issued on my philippines passport together, as a proof of entry as my wife's depedent with work permit? Note: to show just my british passport without my workpermit on the old philippine passport, gives me worries that they'll going to require me to buy a roundtrip ticket for england prior entering canada. I want to enter canada as a depedent with workpermit using british passport, but the problem is my work permit is on my old philippine passport. Please help me, thanks a lot.