+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning bk to Canada on TRV after landing as PR (PR card still in process)

muhammad007

Jul 26, 2011
Hi every one
I landed few days ago and i have to wait for another at least 46 business days for my PR card. My question is that i am planning to attend conference in USA, in last week on October. If i am not able to get the PR card by that time than they will not allow me to fly back to Canada.
But on my Passport i have TRV intact and valid upto feb 2012 (not cancelled by Immigrant officer), Can i travel back on it to Canada along with COPR. Please enlighten me in this regard

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muhammad007 said:
Hi every one
I landed few days ago and i have to wait for another at least 46 business days for my PR card. My question is that i am planning to attend conference in USA, in last week on October. If i am not able to get the PR card by that time than they will not allow me to fly back to Canada.
But on my Passport i have TRV intact and valid upto feb 2012 (not cancelled by Immigrant officer), Can i travel back on it to Canada along with COPR. Please enlighten me in this regard
If you do not present your card when you return to Canada, you may be asked to show one of the following documents:

a completed Confirmation of Permanent Residence form;
the original Record of Landing (if it is dated 1973 or later);
a passport stamped with the date you were granted permanent residence (if your Record of Landing is dated 1972 or earlier);
a certified true copy of a Record of Landing document issued by CIC National Headquarters; or
a letter issued by CIC National Headquarters attesting to your permanent resident status.

The border services officer may also need to confirm your permanent resident status by asking you questions and checking our information systems.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/pr-card/pr-card-faq12.asp