+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Application by Buffalo Consulate

scarberia

Jan 11, 2011
Hi Friends,

Buffalio visa office has returned my application because they were not sure that I am legally living in USA.I have been asked to resubmit my complete application with the following information:-

As per appendix C

1)current or expired status of documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity.
2)I-20(For F1 Status)

All of my application forms have been returned.I have got 3 page computer print out from the buffalo office .On the 2nd page they have asked me to provide the proof of my legality in USA. and have asked to return the this correspondence letter when i resubmit the application.

My question:
1)If I submit my application where should I submit my application.Shall I submit my application to Buffalo visa office or to CPC Mississauga
2) Do i need Start a new application I.E fill up all the forms again or should i just resend the returned application with the requested information

I would really appreciate if somebody who has been in the same situation answer this question as well as other senior members

Please help.....thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

scarberia said:
Hi Friends,

Buffalio visa office has returned my application because they were not sure that I am legally living in USA.I have been asked to resubmit my complete application with the following information:-

As per appendix C

1)current or expired status of documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity.
2)I-20(For F1 Status)

All of my application forms have been returned.I have got 3 page computer print out from the buffalo office .On the 2nd page they have asked me to provide the proof of my legality in USA. and have asked to return the this correspondence letter when i resubmit the application.

My question:
1)If I submit my application where should I submit my application.Shall I submit my application to Buffalo visa office or to CPC Mississauga
2) Do i need Start a new application I.E fill up all the forms again or should i just resend the returned application with the requested information

I would really appreciate if somebody who has been in the same situation answer this question as well as other senior members

Please help.....thanks
Resend the application to Buffalo with PROOF that you were admitted to the US for at least a year.

scarberia

Jan 11, 2011
Thanks for the INFO PMM

My second question was do i have to start a fresh application i.e refill the application forms??

Please advise

Thanks in advance

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
PMM is right - your application is eligible to be processed through Buffalo if you were initially admitted to the United States with temporary status valid for at least one year. That does not mean proof that you have been in the US for a year - it means you have to have been legally admitted with status valid for at least one year on your last entry, and you have to provide proof of that by submitting a copy of your status document. That's what they mean by "current and expired status document showing your entry date and the validity of your status" on entry. If you were not initially admitted for a period of at least one year, you are not eligible to have your application processed through Buffalo and they will transfer your application to the embassy that represents your country of citizenship. So send your application forms, along with your proof of status, back to Buffalo. If you can demonstrate that you have valid status in the States that was granted for an initial period of at least one year, you're okay. Otherwise, they'll transfer your application to your home country's embassy and assessment will continue there until finalization. And, no, you don't have to redo all the application forms.