+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return ticket

purwa

Feb 21, 2009
Hi everybody,

I am a PhD and working in Spain (Chinese) as a scientist. My fiancée is also a Chinese who has a permanent job in Canada. I may like to stay in Canada permanently with him but I would like to see first how the life in Canada is before I apply for permanent resident.

I am planning to visit him as a visitor in May but my working permit in Spain is just valid until June. How is the chance to get the visitor visa to be approved by the embassy if I plan to go home for good to China from Canada?

Shall I show the tie to my home country proof such as return ticket from Canada to China to strengthen my proof? Is there still any chance to get the visa without attaching the tie to my home country proof, as I plan to buy the ticket to China when I am there?

Thank you for your cooperation.

campesinaj

Star Member
Jan 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima, Peru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2010
AOR Received.
29-06-2010 In Process in Lima
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
17-03-2011
you situation is so specific you should probably speak directly with the Embassy in Spain before you apply for anything to get their advice.

from my experience and research, the ticket OUT of Canada is essential to show you are leaving and they will not let you in to the country without your departure ticket purchased IN ADVANCE.

I strongly recommend you get your tickets ahead of time to show your plans to leave Canada.

If you don't show you are definitely leaving Canada at the end of your visit, they will not give you a tourist visa.