+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Retail banking NOC

Outlawz

Dec 28, 2009
Hi,

I work as a financial service rep at the branch and i believe it corresponds to a Loan officer as I open bank accounts, give loans and personal line of credits as well as mortgages. Other financial institutions have different names for the same position such as account manager, personal banking officer.

Has anyone applied under this title and will it be accepted?

Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
So you have a job that is one part 1433 -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/ProfileKeyword.aspx?val=1&val1=1433&val11=financial+services&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

and one part 1232 -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/ProfileKeyword.aspx?val=1&val1=1232&val11=loan+officer&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

Where 1433 does not qualify (Skill Level C) but 1232 does (Skill level B).

You would have to emphasize the duties related to 1232 and your employer would have to support that in the letter of employment.

This seems to be a common problem (I think the problem is the way that HRSDC classifies banking jobs as unskilled, but...).

To be sure, tho, there's a lot of wishful thinking and creative writing among applicants who WANT to qualify. Be brutally honest with yourself - are the loan officer duties really the majority of your duties? And is your employer going to back you up on that? Even though the job duties are supposed to weigh more than the job title, in practice it seems that when there's a conflict, CIC will either assume the duties are fudged, or investigate -

Outlawz

Dec 28, 2009
There is only one duty i perform from 1433 which is opening accounts. I perform all the duties as a loan officer. I am worried about the title as other institutions have different names for the same exact job such as personal banker and that is an example title for 1232.

In my institution, we are called 'lenders' internally. I will be sure to get an employment letter stating duties that correspond with 1232 without a doubt. Would their be anything different from the duties on the application form and employment letter?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Outlawz said:
In my institution, we are called 'lenders' internally. I will be sure to get an employment letter stating duties that correspond with 1232 without a doubt. Would their be anything different from the duties on the application form and employment letter?
Well, the application form only lets you list ~4 duties, so it's more limited than what your employer can write. The letter from the employer should certainly back up what you write on the application. Be warned, although you are trying to match the duties in NOC 1232, if you simply copy word for word the NOC description, that will be a red flag and likely rejected.

H

hotdog6sh

Hi.
I also worked for bank as same position as you. and applied permanent residency 2~3month ago.
I just put NOC code 1232, and described duties also mentioned open accounts. I think it will be ok cuz people know that what FSRs (TD, CIBC), PBOs (Scotia), Account Managers (RBC, BMO) do.
Lets get residency next year

Reactions: Miracle2018

Outlawz

Dec 28, 2009
thats great to hear

do you have the duties you put in your application and the employment letter?

it would be greatly appreciated if i could use it as a guide

thanks

H

hotdog6sh

I think it is almost impossible to get job description in employment letter for bank employees. or I don't know it was only impossible for me. anyway I asked to my manager and call centre more than 10times about letter and description, I only got letter which state that I was 'regualr full time employee, salary, my position', so what I did was, I asked them to print out another page from intralink regarding my job description then sended it all together to Govenment.
I really wish all ok

ARI123

Apr 14, 2011
Hey Hotdog6sh: just wanted to ask you if ur application went through,,,I am a retail/personal banking officer and i think i fall under the 1232 but im not sure..and im worried now bcz my job description doesnt match that of a loans officer.
thanks

happie

Apr 15, 2011
this is the perfect topic for me as i have been wondering myself if i am qualified to apply as i am a retail banking employee, my colleague who is the same position as me, we do day to day services like opening account, borrowing such as line of credits, mortgage, personal loan, and also we are licensed to sell mutual fund and other investment solution excluding securities. My colleague applied in December, he just received a receipt from the immigration saying they have received his application. However, we are both not sure if we are classified under NOC professional because like many of you, part of our job is NOC 14XX, but other parts are 11XX; however we do have our Mutual Fund license, but it is like 1/3 part of my job . so i am not so sure. what do you think? i started the job in May 2010, and obtained my license in August, should i apply in May or August? please help!!!

thanks

ARI123

Apr 14, 2011
hey happie, im a personal banking officer too without mutual funds and i m putting NOC 1232. Did ur friend get any reply yet?

kja.journo

Nov 12, 2010
Hi everyone,

We are journalists based in Vancouver currently looking to interview a high-skilled TFW for a 15 minute documentary film, on behalf of the city of Vancouver. The film explores workers' needs and experiences working and living in Vancouver. Its purpose is to raise public awareness around the TFW program to suggest policy changes. Please call or email us if you are interested in sharing your experience, we can also keep your identity anonymous if you are not comfortable sharing your full name on camera.

(778)321-8275 for Krystle
or
email devon.wong@vancouver.ca for Devon

Krystle and Devon

audrey8426

May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
29-03-2012
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013, MER 26-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013, DM 30-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013 (showed on visa)
LANDED..........
27-12-2013
when I see the word "intralink", I know you work for Scotiabank for sure. I am a PBO for Scotiabank. I need some help for the immigration from our HR. do you have any experience with them?

hotdog6sh said:
I think it is almost impossible to get job description in employment letter for bank employees. or I don't know it was only impossible for me. anyway I asked to my manager and call centre more than 10times about letter and description, I only got letter which state that I was 'regualr full time employee, salary, my position', so what I did was, I asked them to print out another page from intralink regarding my job description then sended it all together to Govenment.
I really wish all ok

mah121

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Guys,

I am in the same situation as well, I work in a retail bank and my job title is Personal Banking Rep, been there for last two years I do understand that experience doesnt count. I recently finished my schooling, my concern is that should i try to get full time in the same role and if that will be good enough to qualify under CEC. I emailed HRDC for NOC code and they replied me back stating it falls under category of Loan Officer. Anyone with experience can reply will be appreciated. Thanks

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi guys, i recently applied for WP extension and my boss applied for LMO Vancouver BC. fortunately i got positive LMO and Service Canada Vancouver finalized my NOC. based on my documents like application form, job description, cover letter and also my boss talked with LMO 2 times on the phone explaining who we are and what kind of work we do.... for my experience which NOC are you in is up to LMO. when you extend work permit, automatically you will be judged by LMO. i guess. i am not saying LMO has power over CIC. they have a role and LMO has a power making decision about NOC over CIC. LMO even said that send this positive LMO to CIC. bottom line is be honest to write a cover letter, job descritions, phone and put as much as you can what you do.