+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of work permit rejected! Need Help ASAP!

king1990

Feb 22, 2016
Hello,
My restoration of post graduate work permit got rejected because my study permit got expired; even after submitting the renewal of study permit fee $150 to CIC.
I need help asap to appeal the decision made on my case.
Also, how much time do I have in Canada, since they mentioned me to leave Canada immediately?
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
At this point you should be working with a good immigration lawyer. When you are told to leave immediately, it typically means CIC expect you to leave Canada within 30 days.

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
IELTS Request
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016
LANDED..........
18-07-2016
king1990 said:
Hello,
My restoration of post graduate work permit got rejected because my study permit got expired; even after submitting the renewal of study permit fee $150 to CIC.
I need help asap to appeal the decision made on my case.
Also, how much time do I have in Canada, since they mentioned me to leave Canada immediately?
Thank you.
Sorry to hear , how can you restore a PGWP? From my knowledge you can only get a new one if you have time left on it based on the initial PGWP. Now if you never applied in the first place and let you study permit to expire thats beyond me. I would get my resident visa and look at some options.

king1990

Feb 22, 2016
tonero said:
Sorry to hear , how can you restore a PGWP? From my knowledge you can only get a new one if you have time left on it based on the initial PGWP. Now if you never applied in the first place and let you study permit to expire thats beyond me. I would get my resident visa and look at some options.
I applied my restoration of PGWP because of my previous application refusal. Where they didn't received my $100 receipt for open work permit via online. It was a online software error.
This time I paid my $605 including student renewal fee. And still they refused my application because I didn't have valid student permit.
I have booked an appointment with the lawyer and I already sent my detail message to the lawyer to appeal the case with all receipt attached. Also I had a call records with CIC agent, who mentioned that my student renewal fees was not required and still VO rejected my restoration of work permit on the basis of expired studied permit.

Paps89

Mar 23, 2016
king1990 said:
I applied my restoration of PGWP because of my previous application refusal. Where they didn't received my $100 receipt for open work permit via online. It was a online software error.
This time I paid my $605 including student renewal fee. And still they refused my application because I didn't have valid student permit.
I have booked an appointment with the lawyer and I already sent my detail message to the lawyer to appeal the case with all receipt attached. Also I had a call records with CIC agent, who mentioned that my student renewal fees was not required and still VO rejected my restoration of work permit on the basis of expired studied permit.
I think you should have applied for restoration of status as a student and not renewal and then apply for another PGWP .. I'm thinking u applied for restoration of PGWP and just paid 150 for study permit.. Anyway have gotten and immigration lawyer and were u able to appeal??