+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status for 1 month

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hi,

I applied for my Visitor record in March 2024 to restore my status after my WP extension got refused. I now received a letter 2 days back saying my application is approved and that they are sending me my document via mail. It states that the validity of the document is until October 1st 2024, which is in 6 weeks. It also says if i do not receive the permit in hand in 6 weeks I should contact IRCC

I am confused as I am trying to understand if they gave me a VR for 6 weeks or if this letter is valid for 6 weeks?! And if they were giving me a VR would they give me only for a month? or tell me that i have a month to leave the country.

I am currently working on staying back in the country and do not want to leave. what are my options? if I get an LMIA offer can i stay back or do i need to apply for my WP and ask to stay back? If anyone knows or has experience with this any help or advise would be appreciated!

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I applied for my Visitor record in March 2024 to restore my status after my WP extension got refused. I now received a letter 2 days back saying my application is approved and that they are sending me my document via mail. It states that the validity of the document is until October 1st 2024, which is in 6 weeks. It also says if i do not receive the permit in hand in 6 weeks I should contact IRCC

I am confused as I am trying to understand if they gave me a VR for 6 weeks or if this letter is valid for 6 weeks?! And if they were giving me a VR would they give me only for a month? or tell me that i have a month to leave the country.

I am currently working on staying back in the country and do not want to leave. what are my options? if I get an LMIA offer can i stay back or do i need to apply for my WP and ask to stay back? If anyone knows or has experience with this any help or advise would be appreciated!

Thank you
You would need to apply for a new closed work permit if you are able to find a job where the employer has an LMIA. This would mean a much longer period of unemployment. To try to extend your visitor status you should expect to prove that you have the funds to live without working.

Reactions: iona_s22

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Yes, I think those are my only options. I wasn't sure if I could extend but I went back and read that I can.
Thank you for your guidance!