VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Hi all

I just received the following response this morning regarding my AOR:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.

In response to your enquiry your application was received to our office and an Acknowledgement of Receipt letter was sent to you via email on September 6th, 2012. Please note that we have also received document that were sent on your behalf.

That being said, your application is currently in queue for review by an officer.

No action is needed from your part, at this present time.

You will be contacted should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

Regards,

i emailed them to see if they can send me another AOR but this is what i got in return. My question is how to apply for the bridging open work permit??. I will be starting the process in april and i wonder how to go about it because i do not have the AOR at hand. my work permitwill expire in august. In the BOWP application, do they ask to attach a copy of AOR?? or just write down ur application file number??? i have also receive my GCMS notes with all my file numbers and receipt number on it. I don't know how to go about this. Pls respond if u have any idea, thanks all!!!!!

RabbiGill

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
28-04-2014
ujbaby said:
Hi all

I just received the following response this morning regarding my AOR:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.

In response to your enquiry your application was received to our office and an Acknowledgement of Receipt letter was sent to you via email on September 6th, 2012. Please note that we have also received document that were sent on your behalf.

That being said, your application is currently in queue for review by an officer.

No action is needed from your part, at this present time.

You will be contacted should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

Regards,

i emailed them to see if they can send me another AOR but this is what i got in return. My question is how to apply for the bridging open work permit??. I will be starting the process in april and i wonder how to go about it because i do not have the AOR at hand. my work permitwill expire in august. In the BOWP application, do they ask to attach a copy of AOR?? or just write down ur application file number??? i have also receive my GCMS notes with all my file numbers and receipt number on it. I don't know how to go about this. Pls respond if u have any idea, thanks all!!!!!
Hi,
This email response from them, precisely says that they did send an AOR out. Unfortunately, u didnt receive it. Nevertheless, according to me,this email accompanied with the GCMS notes should more than suffice the absence of an actual AOR,for the bridging work permit.
But, I think calling to CIC once and getting this confirmed, cannot hurt your chances. So, do that once and hopefully you should be good to go.
Thanks,
Rabbi

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ujbaby said:
My question is how to apply for the bridging open work permit??. I will be starting the process in april and i wonder how to go about it because i do not have the AOR at hand.
Just follow the directions for applying for a bridging open work permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

Nowhere does it say you have to provide a copy of the AOR. As RabbiGill notes, that information is already in their system. If (for some reason) you must provide something, just print out that email that states the AOR was sent. AORs are usually just emails anyway.

I recommend using the online application, as it walks you through a series of questions to create a "personalized" checklist, including questions that will indicate your eligibility for a bridging open work permit. Where it asks if you have received a Positive Eligibility Decision, you say "yes".

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
jes_ON said:
Just follow the directions for applying for a bridging open work permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

Nowhere does it say you have to provide a copy of the AOR. As RabbiGill notes, that information is already in their system. If (for some reason) you must provide something, just print out that email that states the AOR was sent. AORs are usually just emails anyway.

I recommend using the online application, as it walks you through a series of questions to create a "personalized" checklist, including questions that will indicate your eligibility for a bridging open work permit. Where it asks if you have received a Positive Eligibility Decision, you say "yes".
Thanks, jes and rabbi , i will do exactly as u adviced