+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requirements for teaching in Canada

Osheen Sharma

Aug 16, 2020
Hi
I have done MCA (Masters in Computer Applications), working as an Assistant Professor in India. Am i eligible to teach in Canada?
Can anyone tell me what are the qualifications and experience required to teach in any Canadian college ?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I have done MCA (Masters in Computer Applications), working as an Assistant Professor in India. Am i eligible to teach in Canada?
Can anyone tell me what are the qualifications and experience required to teach in any Canadian college ?
Thank you
Unlikely in a university but maybe in a college. Most college teachers work on contract semester to semester and work at a few schools. You would be much better off applying to work at a tech company.

Osheen Sharma

Aug 16, 2020
Unlikely in a university but maybe in a college. Most college teachers work on contract semester to semester and work at a few schools. You would be much better off applying to work at a tech company.
Thank you for your response.
but is Bachelors or any degree in education required to work as a teacher in canada??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is not true? If the question is aimed at whether foreign degree holder's can teach in community colleges, then pretty much a significant amount of professors' credentials are from abroad. You may need a Master's or PhD from your home country, sure
They don’t take anyone. Really depends on where the college is and the program.