+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

requirement of Ielts

tahirkheli

Apr 15, 2011
hi guys:

i m new in this forum, i need some information about ielts,i want to apply for FSW n som body told me that ielts is mandatory,i done my master from UK university.i want to know that still ielts is mandatory or not.

thanx n regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - IELTS is mandatory for all FSW applicants. You have to take the test.

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
tahirkheli said:
hi guys:

i m new in this forum, i need some information about ielts,i want to apply for FSW n som body told me that ielts is mandatory,i done my master from UK university.i want to know that still ielts is mandatory or not.

thanx n regards
tahirkheli said:
hi guys:

thanx n regards

Coconuts

Jan 26, 2008
I just want to confirm myself (the first post was a bit hard to understand...), that anyone applying for permanent residency has to go for the IELTS exam? According to a post in the FAQ:

"If you are not from an English speaking country (such as UK, US, Australia, NZ and some parts of South Africa, etc), you will probably be asked to do the IELTS exam."

So from that I gather than since I was born in and lived 28 years in Australia that I might not have to take the exam? I found out the exam is around $300 to take, so if I don't have to take it, all the better! :D

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
tahirkheli said:
hi guys:

thanx n regards
you must sit for General training IELTS (Academic IELTS is not accepted for FSW category)