+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requesting Advice: Need to Travel, PGWP Extension in Progress, PR CEC EE In Progress

Oct 27, 2021
I am a PGWP and work visa holder (both documents issued to passport expiry, valid until April 2022, I am allowed to extend up to Oct 2023).
I renewed my passport in August and I applied to extend my PGWP right away. PGWP AOR is Aug 17.
2 weeks after that, I submitted my PR via the CEC Express Entry route. PR AOR is Aug 29, medical approved Oct 7, biometrics on Oct 8.

I haven't heard back from either the PGWP or PR application. In my PGWP AOR, it said I am "authorized to work under the same condition (employer and occupation) up to December 15, 2021 or until a decision is made, whichever is first." and "if you leave Canada before a decision is made, you will no longer be authorized to continue working"

I am a bit concerned as the date is getting near. My question is, does the PGWP AOR date override my current PGWP's validity? Do I need to stop working if I dont hear back? I am also hoping to visit my family in my home country for 3 weeks this December (around the 20th). If I can't work and I don't hear back, can I leave Canada and ask for a new work permit at the airport?

I'm trying to explore my options. Any advice is truly appreciated. Many thanks.

Sorry to page you directly @legalfalcon, but seeing your responses I think you are truly knowledgeable with the rules, would appreciate your insight.