+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request Letter

Mj85mj

Oct 10, 2019
Hello
I have submitted by express entry application, received the ITA and completed the biometrics

I have just received a request letter stating that “ you have indicated in your application that you have never previously applied for a Canadian visa however our records show an application for permanent residence in Canada in 2010 in your name. Please provide a detailed explanation”

Personally I have never applied for Canadian immigration or visa before so I asked my parents if they did without telling me. It seems my father did file an application and added my name without telling me. My parents are divorced so we aren’t in constant contact. What should I do in this case?

really appreciate your help

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hello
I have submitted by express entry application, received the ITA and completed the biometrics

I have just received a request letter stating that “ you have indicated in your application that you have never previously applied for a Canadian visa however our records show an application for permanent residence in Canada in 2010 in your name. Please provide a detailed explanation”

Personally I have never applied for Canadian immigration or visa before so I asked my parents if they did without telling me. It seems my father did file an application and added my name without telling me. My parents are divorced so we aren’t in constant contact. What should I do in this case?

You just have to break the ice with your father and get a copy of his application or any letter or any piece of document and attach it with a nice and long LOE to explain yourself. To them this is a case of misrepresentation and it carry a heavy 5 years ban if not dealt with properly

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You got a procedural fairness letter. You need to explain that your father applied for you and that you had not been informed, and submit any proof of that you can. See if you can get your father to give you copies of the original application, etc.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello

You need to explain to them that your father might have filed an application with your name and did not inform you about such application. You will need to provide them with detailed explanation and proof that your father voluntarily withheld such information from you, and that your parents are divorced and you are not on communicating terms with your father.