+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request letter for *current* employer record in EE PNP

sudo2022

Aug 11, 2022
My background:
  • I have several years of work experience in my home country (Company A)
  • I came to Canada and got my Master's Degree
  • After graduation, I have been working in Canada since January 2022 (Company B)
  • I created my EE profile and was eligible for FSW (and FSW only)
  • I applied for PNP and got 600 points added to my EE profile; then I have ITA in PNP stream
  • In the application, I submitted a letter from my manager in Company A as proof of work experience
I got AOR in April 2022. Yesterday I got a Request Letter from IRCC asking me to provide additional documents within 7 days:

Employment records: You must provide additional documents supporting your work
experience with your current employer. This may include but is not limited to: pay stubs, tax filings,
contracts etc. This must be received at this office by: 2022/08/16
At first I thought they were asking for additional documents for Company A. I paniced a bit as Company A no longer exists and I already tried my best to get in contact with my manager in Company A to write a letter for me. The letter met IRCC's requirements (with a company letter head, with salary and duty, etc). It's impossible for me to get more documents within 7 days.

Then I noticed the word "current". Okay, that's easy. So I submitted the lastest pay stub of Company B.

But the entire thing is still strange:
  1. Why are they asking for document of my current employer? FSW does not require Canadian employment, nor is the PNP I got invitied for. I am not eligible for CEC anyway because I worked for Company B for less than 1 year.
  2. On the document upload page, the text actually reads "Replacement Needed: Employment Records - [my title at Company A]".
So I'm a bit worried that they are actually asking for documents for the previous Company A instead of the current Company B. Maybe they are not satisfied with the letter my manager in Company A wrote?

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.