July 2012
Passport Req..
17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
17 Dec 2012
Hi All,
Can someone please help to interpret the following case. I am applying in Federal Skilled Worker Class, and ready to send all documents to Buffalo. (Note I sent my file to CIC Sydney in April 2010 and got response this month to send everything) I am living in Canada from 2009 and lived in Saudi 5 years back. So do I need to send Saudi PCC right now or wait till Visa Office asks me after I send everything?

I have pasted the relevant portion and links below. The line in bold at the end is cause of confusion.

Thanks a lot.

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
Please consult our Web site at: cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/
police-cert/index.asp for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain
police certificates from any country.
Note: For applications submitted at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) prior to June
26, 2010, you must submit police certificates with your complete application and
supporting documents to the visa office within the 120 day deadline set out by the
CIO.
If you are submitting your application to the CIO on or after June 26, 2010, the
police certificates are not required with your complete application to the CIO. If your
application is placed into processing you will be required to provide police
certificates to the visa office at a later date.

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

Yes. However, certificates are available only to current and past legal residents.

How and where do I obtain one?

If you need a police certificate, your immigration processing office will give you a request letter. If you have any questions about this, please contact your immigration processing office.

If you live in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

If your application is being processed at the Canadian High Commission in London, you are not required to obtain a police certificate until the London visa office sends you a police certificate request letter with instructions on how to apply.

If you are applying at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, you should submit the police certificate with your application. You can contact the visa office for a request letter at fax: (971 2) 694-0396 or e-mail: abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca Please include your immigration file number if you have one.

For applications being processed at any other office, request letters may be obtained by e‑mail: riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca or fax: 966-1-488-9657. Please include the file number, the office where you applied and your mailing address.

The police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, you must then apply for the police certificate in person at the relevant police headquarters.

If you live outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Consult the nearest Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for information on how to obtain a police certificate.

If your application is being processed in Canada, you are not required to obtain a police certificate until the Case Processing Centre sends you a police certificate request letter. For instructions on how to apply for a police certificate, consult the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia located in Ottawa: mofa.gov.sa/Detail.asp?InSectionID=2813&InNewsItemID=65066

ali green

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/1/2010
Doc's Request.
2/3/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
2/3/2010
File Transfer...
may-2010
Med's Request
May 1 2013
Med's Done....
May 15 2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
NOV 15th 2013
If you are living in Canada, then no problem go to the link and follow the instructions i even coped them for you. Go to section B

http://www.mofa.gov.sa/Detail.asp?InSectionID=2813&InNewsItemID=65066

POLICE CLEARANCE FROM SAUDI ARABIA

FOR OBTAINING POLICE CLEARNACE FROM SAUDI ARABIA FOLLOW THE REQUIREMENTS IN EITHER SECTION A OR SECTION B

(A)

OBTAINING POLICE CLEARANCE FROM SAUDI ARABIA ON YOUR OWN

1-POWER OF ATTORNEY :

a- YOU MUST GO TO A NOTARY PUBLIC TO MAKE THE POWER OF ATTORNEY.

b- APPOINT SOMEONE IN SAUDI ARABIA MAKE SURE THAT THE POWER OF ATTORNEY MENTIONS THE FOLLOWING : REPRESENT YOU, ACT ON YOUR BEHALF TO SUBMIT, FOLLOW UP AND RECEIVE THE POLICE CERTIFICATE . YOUR PRESENT ADDRESS IN CANADA, YOUR DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH, NATIONALITY, PASSPORT NUMBER YOU HELD WHEN YOU WERE IN SAUDI ARABIA , THE REASON AND THE NAME OF THE AUTHORITY REQUESTING THE POLICE CLEARANCE.

c- COLLECT ITEMS # 2, 3, 4, 5, THE NOTARY MUST ATTACHE THE DOCUMENTS TO THE POWER OF ATTORNEY AND SEAL THEM TO BE ONE DOCUMENT.

2-FINGERPRINT (FORM ISSUED BY THE R.C.M.P. GRC C-216C)

3- COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT (ONLY THE PAGES WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION)

4-COPY OF THE LETTER FROM THE SOURCE ASKING FOR THE POLICE CLEARANCE.

5- COPY OF THE VISA OR IQAMA YOU HELD IN SAUDI.

6-YOU MUST TRANSLATE THE DOCUMENT INTO ARABIC BY A SWORN TRANSLATOR EITHER IN CANADA OR IN SAUDI ARABIA

7- STAMP BY THE LEGAL DIVISION OF THE CANADIAN DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE AT :

125 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G2, Tel. (613)995-0119.

8- INCLUDE A MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO THE EMBASSY OF SAUDI ARABIA IN THE

AMOUNT OF $13.50 FOR THE LEGALIZATION OF YOUR DOCUMENTS.

9- LETTER REQUESTING THE LEGALIZTION AND ATTACH PHOTO COPIES OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS FOR CONSULATE FILES.

9-FOR THE RETURN OF YOUR DOCUMENTS YOU MUST USE ONLY :

XPRESS CANADA POST ENVELOPE (COMPLETE YOUR ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER ON THE ENVELOPE, KEEP COPY OF THE TRACKING NUMBER, INCLUDE THE ENVELOPE WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS)

AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR DOCUMENTS FROM THE CONSULATE YOU MUST FORWARD THEM TO SAUDI ARABIA, TO SUBMIT TO MINISTRY OF INTERIOR, PUBLIC SECURITY, FORENSIC DEPARTMENT.

The consular section reserves the right to refuse the legalization of any document based on Saudi Government rules and regulations.

ADDRESS: 201 SUSSEX DRIVE, OTTAWA, ONTARIO, K1N 1K6

(B)

OBTAINING A POLICE CLEARNCE THROUGH THE EMBASSY

THE EMBASSY OF SAUDI ARABIA

APPLICATION FOR A POLICE CLEARANCE

FULL NAME

DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH

PRESENT NATIONALITY

PREVIOUS NATIONALITY

PASSPORT NUMBER USED IN SAUDI AND DATE OF ISSUE

ADDRESS & TELEPHONE NUMBER IN CANADA

NAME OF SAUDI COMPANY OR SPONSOR

ADDRESS OF THE SAUDI COMPANY OR SPONSOR

YEARS OF EMPLOYMENT \ RESIDENCE IN SAUDI

JOB TITLE (POSITION HELD IN SAUDI)

TYPE OF VISA YOU HOLD IN CANADA FOR NON CANADIANS

SIGNATURE: ______________________________________ DATE : ____________________

REQUIREMENTS:

1 - FINGERPRINT FORM ISSUED BY THE R.C.M.P. (RCMP GRC C-216C)

2 - COPY OF ALL DOCUMENTS PROVING RESIDENCE IN THE KINGDOM (COPY OF IQAMA, VISA, LETTERS OF RELEASE, PASSPORT ETC...)

3- OFFICIAL LETTER FROM A CANADIAN BODY WITHIN CANADA REQUESTING THE POLICE CLEARANCE STAMPED AND SIGNED BY THE MANAGER CASE PROCESSING CENTRE.

4 - PROOF OF APPLICANT'S RESIDANCE IN CANADA (COPY OF PASSPORT, AND VALID VISA IN CANADA).

YOUR REQUEST WILL BE SENT TO SAUDI ARABIA FOR FURTHER PROCESSING, PLEASE BE PATIENT CALL THE CONSULATE ONLY IF SIX MONTHS PASSED AND YOU DID NOT RECEIVE YOUR POLICE CLEARANCE BACK. FOR CHANGE OF ADDRESS YOU MAY SEND A FAX TO THE FOLLOWING NUMBER: 613-237-7350, ADDRESS IT TO THE POLICE CLEARANCE DEPT. WITH YOUR NEW ADDRESS

FORWARD YOUR REQUEST TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:

THE SAUDI CONSULAR SECTION

201 SUSSEX, OTTAWA, ONTARIO, K1N - 1K6

9-FOR THE RETURN OF YOUR DOCUMENTS YOU MUST USE ONLY :

XPRESS CANADA POST ENVELOPE (COMPLETE YOUR ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER ON THE ENVELOPE, KEEP COPY OF THE TRACKING NUMBER, INCLUDE THE ENVELOPE WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS)

madhav

Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
2174, 0213, 4121, 4122, 2173
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010, received on May 21, 2010
Doc's Request.
1-11-2010
Nomination.....
14-1-2011
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
17 Dec 2012
Thanks Ali,
But if you check the third item they need(pasted below), it is special letter from CIC requesting PCC. Then it goes back to link I posted from Visa Office: i.e. Saudi PCC is not required in the beginning but only when CIC asks for it. Am I right?
Or do you mean I should be proactive and ask them for such a letter, then get it and apply for PCC, and then submit my application?

3- OFFICIAL LETTER FROM A CANADIAN BODY WITHIN CANADA REQUESTING THE POLICE CLEARANCE STAMPED AND SIGNED BY THE MANAGER CASE PROCESSING CENTRE.

Thanks a lot,
Madhav.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madhav said:
Thanks Ali,
But if you check the third item they need(pasted below), it is special letter from CIC requesting PCC. Then it goes back to link I posted from Visa Office: i.e. Saudi PCC is not required in the beginning but only when CIC asks for it. Am I right?
Or do you mean I should be proactive and ask them for such a letter, then get it and apply for PCC, and then submit my application?

Thanks a lot,
Madhav.

HI Madhav,

For Saudia PCC you will have to wait for CHC to request you and they will send you a letter which you will give to Saudi authorities to get PCC, recently Saudi have refused to give PCC without a letter from CIC so wait until they ask you that what other members have done recently.

Cheers
saki