+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for photographs of the principal applicant and sponsor signing the nikkah contract

SidSha

Aug 10, 2021
Hi All, I have received the following requests from IRCC -
1. "marriage photos - please submit photographs of the principal applicant and sponsor signing the nikkah contract", the problem here is I do not have these photos taken, as I signed my contract in a masjid where my nikah happned, and my wife signed her nikah contract at her home and no photos were taken at that time, but we have all the other marriage photos which we already submitted along with our marriage certificate issued by concerned government authorities in India, It would be very helpful if someone share their experience if you had similar situation, please advise how to proceed, I am planning on giving them an explanation, as they have asked to provide 'explanation and proof' in case of unable to provide requested documents,
2. Proof of relationship - Please submit post wedding outing photographs of the principal applicant and sponsor together, here for this request I do not have exact pictures of only me and my wife together, but we have other photos where in we have all other family members, I am planning to submit them with an explanation,

I would really appreciate your kind response and advise, it will be very helpful, thank you in advance

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
Hi All, I have received the following requests from IRCC -
1. "marriage photos - please submit photographs of the principal applicant and sponsor signing the nikkah contract", the problem here is I do not have these photos taken, as I signed my contract in a masjid where my nikah happned, and my wife signed her nikah contract at her home and no photos were taken at that time, but we have all the other marriage photos which we already submitted along with our marriage certificate issued by concerned government authorities in India, It would be very helpful if someone share their experience if you had similar situation, please advise how to proceed, I am planning on giving them an explanation, as they have asked to provide 'explanation and proof' in case of unable to provide requested documents,
2. Proof of relationship - Please submit post wedding outing photographs of the principal applicant and sponsor together, here for this request I do not have exact pictures of only me and my wife together, but we have other photos where in we have all other family members, I am planning to submit them with an explanation,

I would really appreciate your kind response and advise, it will be very helpful, thank you in advance
In the application forms they’re quite clear regarding evidence of a genuine relationship which seems to be their concern in your case. If you do not have photos of the contract signing it may suspicious for them that it was signed by both of you in the same place and time. If you do not have photos of this than usually they need a letter clearly explaining the circumstances. Additionally in terms of photos they want you to prove that as married couple you guys spend time like a married couple. Hence maybe go out for some food or took a trip or if there was a wedding ceremony or engagement party in addition to other times. You may submit group photos with an explanation but again might be odd for them that a married couple does not have any photos of themselves out and about. Finally emails, call logs and text messages translated into English another big thing to help prove that a husband wife relationship exists. If you cannot provide any of these without an explanation you will have a difficult time proving your marriage is genuine.