+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for info

sarah10

Nov 5, 2018
Hi. I was on a closed work permit from 2015 to 2017 then I applied for visitors visa to get another work permit which was accepted. Later I applied for extension which was rejected as I was still waiting for the work permit. In 2018, I returned back to my country and I even sent proof to immigration. My son is Canadian and I was planning to bring to visit his dad (who is already married) in Canada. I have approached 2 consultants for the visa process and one of them told me I need to get police clearance from Canada while the other consultant told me I don't need it. Can you guys advise if I need police clearance or not? How long does it take to get one please? I dont mind getting it but want to be sure. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. I was on a closed work permit from 2015 to 2017 then I applied for visitors visa to get another work permit which was accepted. Later I applied for extension which was rejected as I was still waiting for the work permit. In 2018, I returned back to my country and I even sent proof to immigration. My son is Canadian and I was planning to bring to visit his dad (who is already married) in Canada. I have approached 2 consultants for the visa process and one of them told me I need to get police clearance from Canada while the other consultant told me I don't need it. Can you guys advise if I need police clearance or not? How long does it take to get one please? I dont mind getting it but want to be sure. Thank you.
You are coming as a visitor (if approved) so no don’t need police clearance. You having a Canadian child will make it difficult for you to be approved for a TRV. Have a strong application showing ties to return.