+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for feedback if re-evaluation paper based exam

goblue1

Jan 18, 2019
Hello Friends,

I recently got my IELTS (general exam) scores back. I took the paper-based exam in the US. I got an overall band of 7.5 and my individual scores are as follows:
Listening : 8.5 ; Reading : 7.5; Writing : 6.5 ; Speaking : 7.5
Given my scores, I think I am at CLB 8 and not 9. (I used this site to calculate my CLB scores: https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/calculators/ielts_calculator.php)

Basic info about my profile: 32 years old, have a masters from US, Also have more than 6 years of work experience in US. I am married, but my spouse won't be migrating with me. No other dependents (children)

Given this, do you feel a CLB of 8 vs having CLB of 9 would make a huge difference in my case? Also, I was wondering would go to re-evaluation on the test would it help?

I badly need 0.5 increase in writing section to make it to CLB 9. Has anyone from the US who took the paper-based exam to apply for re-val and can you kindly share your experience. It's again almost an exam fee to apply for re-evaluation.

I want to really move soon to Canada just to have peace of mind due to both personal and professional situation in US. Soley want to restart my life there. So looking to apply for EE ASAP and hoping to get an ITA. Greatly appreciate any insights. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: