+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Advice on Follow-Up for Visitor Visa Application

amir1993

Dec 23, 2021
Good day, friends,

I applied for a visitor visa for my wife after receiving her AOR from the sponsorship application on June 27th. She completed her biometrics on July 4th. According to Canada.ca, the processing time from my home country is 35 days, and it is mentioned that processing times for spouses are even faster.

Since it has now been almost 44 days (33 business days), do you have any recommendations or advice on how I might follow up on her application? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day, friends,

I applied for a visitor visa for my wife after receiving her AOR from the sponsorship application on June 27th. She completed her biometrics on July 4th. According to Canada.ca, the processing time from my home country is 35 days, and it is mentioned that processing times for spouses are even faster.

Processing times are only estimates so it is quite common for it to take much longer to process with no guarantee of approval

Since it has now been almost 44 days (33 business days), do you have any recommendations or advice on how I might follow up on her application? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
That is just an estimated average so very common for it to either take less time or much longer. You are going through fairly normal processing time so no need to contact IRCC and it will likely take a month to get a response. TRV for spouses are also not guaranteed although much more common than a few years ago.