+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed passport submitted on passport request

Saam_Nepal

Mar 6, 2015
Hi,
I am an employer; my sister in law applied as a home child care provider for my daughter on Jan 1 2023. My brother and nephew were included in the application as her dependents. They got medical request on the start of June 2024. My brother’s passport has almost expired (only 1 year left) so he renewed and submitted a new passport. Now, my sister in law and nephew got their visa but my brother did not. They emailed him a letter of introduction instead that says
‘Your application to work in Canada has been initially approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The final decision to issue you a work permit and allow you to enter Canada is made after an examination by an officer in Canada. At that time, an officer will assess if you still meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, its Regulations and any other Canadian legislation.
Documents you must bring with you to get your work permit:
• a valid passport or travel document.
o Your work permit won’t be valid beyond your passport’s expiry date.
• a valid temporary resident (visitor) visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), if required.
o Your eTA is valid for multiple visits to Canada, until…. . Your eTA number is ….and is linked to the passport you used when you applied to work in Canada. If you obtain a new passport before , you will need to apply for a new eTA by visiting www.canada.ca/eTA.’
Does that mean he needs to apply for a visa again? They are from country where eTA is not applicable; they need visa to enter Canada.