+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew sin number

May 12, 2020
Hello, please assist if you have answer to my question regarding renewal of sin number for my relative . His federal appeal for refugee claim has been denied about two months ago but no removal orders are in action yet. Work permit valid till March 2025 ( renewed before receiving federal court decision). Please suggest if sin number for him can be renewed or not. Please respond.
thank you

Last edited:

Ghethan

Jul 30, 2024
Hello, please assist if you have answer to my question regarding renewal of sin number for my relative . His federal appeal for refugee claim has been denied about two months ago but no removal orders are in action yet. Work permit valid till March 2025 ( renewed before receiving federal court decision). Please suggest if sin number for him can be renewed or not. Please respond.
thank you
Does he currently have any legal status? like a valid Issued ID from Canadian government proving his status in Canada?

I would advise him to contact with nearest Service Canada office, they are responsible of issuing, renewing and updating SIN numbers.

I think renewing SIN needs the following (bring the originals):

- Valid Issued ID from Canadian GOV to prove his legal status and identity
- True certified copy of his seized passport (I believe he was given this copy when he claimed asylum)
- Valid Work Permit
- Proof of address like internet bill, water bill or electricity bill, etc. (bring the most recent one)

Again this is based on my knowledge only, he has to contact Service Canada about his matter.

Regards.