+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removing job offer post ITA (CEC and BCPNP Tech Pilot)

rfdouglas92

May 25, 2023
Hi,

I have recently obtained an ITA through CEC and have most of my documents ready to submit. When creating my EE profile I selected "Yes" for the valid job offer as I have been employed on a closed work permit for over one year. When I submitted my PNP application, this work history was listed. and the extra 600 points were granted to me.

Unfortunately when it comes to the EE section, I am having difficulties in getting my company to provide a job offer extension that follows the guidelines set out by IRCC. (specifically the "your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident")

This back and forth with my companies HR isnt going anywhere and I am looking to see if I can skip this step. If my understanding is correct, I can remove this job offer from my EE profile, and in the process lose 50 points? Due to me getting 600 points through PNP this would still put me well above the cut off score. My required documents to submit would then no longer include the "offer of employment" section

I would of course provide a Letter of Explanation stating why I did this.

Could someone please confirm this? Thank you :)