+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relocated to Canada on work permit after submitting PR application. Raised webform to inform IRCC but what happens if I get PPR?

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hi,

I submitted my application for PNP based PR in Jan 3rd week 2022 and moved to Canada after 6 weeks on work permit. The general impression by discussing it with people on forum, reading and even consultants (like Askkubeir on a private session) was to submit application, get the ball rolling and later raise webform for my updated status in Canada.

So I had raised webform within 10 days of landing in Canada about my new status in Canada, new job and new address. Basic description in 5 to 6 lines, and detailed documents (like cover letter, followed by work permit, employment verification letter) in a single attachment. It has been over a month and I had not received a single response from IRCC except the automated response. I ordered GCMS notes like 3+ weeks back to know if my response was recorded, as sometimes they record it but don't reply. However, no response on GCMS notes either.

I have been trying to reach IRCC starting at 7:55 AM EST till the time IRCC closes but never able to speak with an agent. I tried to use the "change the address" tool too but it does not seem to recognize my application.

My concern is if I get PPR, what should I do? Since based on some trends, Jan 1st week people have started to get PPR and many in 2nd week are receiving GU2. My parents are also visiting me in 3rd week of May, so not possible for me to go out of Canada. Can I send my passport to Ottawa CPC/IRCC like many people do when they are renewing or applying for visa in Canada? Because as per the IRCC description, if I am in Canada I just need to schedule an appointment at IRCC for brief interview.

Thanks