+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relevant NOC and doubt whether Regulated or Not Regulated

amar22878

Jul 13, 2015
Hi,

Can you please help me with the following query:

1) I have got 8 experience working as Area Manager with Insurance industry. (NOC-0112)
Four years experience as self-employed. Having my own Recruitment firm. (Cannot find the NOC, closest match is 1223)
Since last 2 years as Sr. Manager-Corporate Relations, wherein profile is helping management students of my educational institute with job placements and internships (I Think NOC 4033)

Please help me if the NOC, which I mentioned are correct.

Also which NOC should I choose as primary occupation?

If 1223 or 4033, is it regulated occupation and do I need licensing?

Looking forward to hear from you

regards,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amar22878 said:
Hi,

1) I have got 8 experience working as Area Manager with Insurance industry. (NOC-0112)

That is a HR NOC. You could consider NOC 0121 as well. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0121&val65=insurance

Four years experience as self-employed. Having my own Recruitment firm. (Cannot find the NOC, closest match is 1223)

This looks fine.

Since last 2 years as Sr. Manager-Corporate Relations, wherein profile is helping management students of my educational institute with job placements and internships (I Think NOC 4033)

You should probably use NOC 4156. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4156&val65=4033

Your primary NOC should be the one where you have considerable experience and that is likely to be your chosen professional activity in Canada.

Not all professions in a NOC need licenses. Some NOCs which are regulated in certain provinces aren't regulated in others. Check here for those details ---> http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/occupation_search-eng.do

regards,

amar22878

Jul 13, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac,

Thanks for the response. That is really useful.

- Since last 2 years as Sr. Manager-Corporate Relations, wherein profile is helping management students of my educational institute with job placements and internships (I Think NOC 4033)

You should probably use NOC 4156.

But duties as mentioned for 4156 is related more towards giving counselling to experienced clients, while as Sr. Manager-Corporate Relations, I counsel and generate opportunities for students. So don't you think 4033 matches more rather than 4156?

- Also which NOC should I choose as primary occupation?

Your primary NOC should be the one where you have considerable experience and that is likely to be your chosen professional activity in Canada.

I have got 8 yrs. experience in sales profiles in Banking/Insurance industry, 4 yrs. in recruitment as self-employed and since last two yrs. in student placements. I am looking forward to start my career in Recruitment industry or sales profiles. Would it be wise to select primary occupation as 1223 (I have got only 4 yrs. experience in the same) or 0112.

- One more query: if I choose 0112 and end up getting job in 1223 or viceversa, can my express entry application be rejected by CIC?[/b]

noorulhuda

Dec 16, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
21-Feb-2018
Asivad Anac said:
Hi,

That is a HR NOC. You could consider NOC 0121 as well. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0121&val65=insurance

This looks fine.

You should probably use NOC 4156. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4156&val65=4033

Not all professions in a NOC need licenses. Some NOCs which are regulated in certain provinces aren't regulated in others. Check here for those details ---> http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/occupation_search-eng.do

regards,

mehtanishit17

Oct 11, 2017
Dear Amar,
I have the similar situation as your profile looks. I am applying for PR and am currently self employed as recruitment consultant since 7 years. I am claiming 3.5 years of this exp. Can you tell me if CIC accepts self employment experience under NOC 1223? It is not mentioned specifically on that page......I am very confused. This NOC is the closest match to my profile.

Hi Asivad Anac,

Thanks for the response. That is really useful.

- Since last 2 years as Sr. Manager-Corporate Relations, wherein profile is helping management students of my educational institute with job placements and internships (I Think NOC 4033)

You should probably use NOC 4156.

But duties as mentioned for 4156 is related more towards giving counselling to experienced clients, while as Sr. Manager-Corporate Relations, I counsel and generate opportunities for students. So don't you think 4033 matches more rather than 4156?

- Also which NOC should I choose as primary occupation?

I have got 8 yrs. experience in sales profiles in Banking/Insurance industry, 4 yrs. in recruitment as self-employed and since last two yrs. in student placements. I am looking forward to start my career in Recruitment industry or sales profiles. Would it be wise to select primary occupation as 1223 (I have got only 4 yrs. experience in the same) or 0112.

- One more query: if I choose 0112 and end up getting job in 1223 or viceversa, can my express entry application be rejected by CIC?[/b]