+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relatives Points

reenricks

Jul 8, 2021
Please enlighten me, i got free assessment online and they said that i don’t get points from my uncle (my mom’s brother) who is a citizen in Canada because he have a family already there. Does that count? Or should i still gain points for that? I’m trying to see if i can be qualified on FSW entry. Thanks in advance.

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Please enlighten me, i got free assessment online and they said that i don’t get points from my uncle (my mom’s brother) who is a citizen in Canada because he have a family already there. Does that count? Or should i still gain points for that? I’m trying to see if i can be qualified on FSW entry. Thanks in advance.
no, you don’t get points for uncles.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi,

For your better understanding, you get relative points for:

1. FSW eligibility (5 points for a blood /or distant relative in Canada)
2. CRS score (15 points only for a blood relative in Canada)

As mentioned above, for a distant relative you get only 5 points for FSW eligibility and 0 adaptive scores for CRS.

On the other hand, if you have a blood relative living in Canada, you get both FSW eligibility points and CRS scores as 5 points and 15 points respectively.

Thus, in your case you will get only 5 eligibility points for your Uncle and no crs score. Hope this helps.