+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection reason not Known

karthik1991

Jan 24, 2016
Hi,

Got married recently and my wife is in Canada now on a work permit. I received ITA already. My wife now says she had a rejection of a closed work permit for Canada when her employer applied for her last year. Her employer is not able to provide any details regarding the rejection since they went through an agency that no longer exists.

When we applied work permit, I checked the box that says NO for any rejections of visa from Canada earlier and we already got the work permit.

Now since I already received my ITA I don't know what implications this will have. If I say YES now for earlier rejection, I don't know the reason and cant find the reason since we do not have application number to apply for GCMS notes. Also it would be contradicting information in ITA where I will be mentioning YES for previous rejections with the already approved work permit application where we declared there was no previous rejections.

Any advice?

Thanks
K

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
Got married recently and my wife is in Canada now on a work permit. I received ITA already. My wife now says she had a rejection of a closed work permit for Canada when her employer applied for her last year. Her employer is not able to provide any details regarding the rejection since they went through an agency that no longer exists.

When we applied work permit, I checked the box that says NO for any rejections of visa from Canada earlier and we already got the work permit.

Now since I already received my ITA I don't know what implications this will have. If I say YES now for earlier rejection, I don't know the reason and cant find the reason since we do not have application number to apply for GCMS notes.

No implications, other than changing what you report. Just tell the truth and attach a Letter of explanation (LOE).

Also it would be contradicting information in ITA where I will be mentioning YES for previous rejections with the already approved work permit application where we declared there was no previous rejections.

No, the information in your profile was true at the time you received the ITA. You are expected to update your profile as appropriate. Again, a non-issue (most likely) Most applications get refused on technicalities, not because your wife was deemed inadmissible.

karthik1991

Jan 24, 2016

Thank you jes_ON.

I was able to track the agent and get the refusal letter. Interestingly the UCI number on the refusal letter and the current work permit are the same. So I think I can assume the immigration officer who approved the work permit knew about the earlier rejection. The earlier rejection was because she needed an LMIA and did not meet intra company transfer. She is now here on work permit based on my work permit which we applied after marriage.

In the ITA I have mentioned about the rejection and its reason.

Hope the officer at Ottawa is satisfied with it.