+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection in TRV affects PR?

Mar 19, 2024
Hi, my husband is in Canada right now on work permit and wants to apply for my TRV. Recently he also received ITA and hopefully he would have a PR by May. After which he would also be sponsoring me for the PR.

So what my question is, that if my TRV is rejected, would it also affect my PR approval?
What are the odds of my TRV getting rejected given that I have a full time job here that I need to get back to. Should we go for SOWP instead?

skizzle

Feb 17, 2024
Ramadan Mubarak

It will not impact your PR unless there is some sort of different information on both applications

we don’t know exactly what approval rates are like, just make sure you stress that you have funds (show them), and make sure you stress that you need to return after your 2-3 week visit) with employment letter in hand

Mar 19, 2024
Ramadan Mubarak

It will not impact your PR unless there is some sort of different information on both applications

we don’t know exactly what approval rates are like, just make sure you stress that you have funds (show them), and make sure you stress that you need to return after your 2-3 week visit) with employment letter in hand
Thank you and Ramadan Mubarak!

Are funds and employment letter enough? What else can we show that will strengthen our application?
Is it possible to apply for for Visit visa and SOWP at the same time?

skizzle

Feb 17, 2024

Are funds and employment letter enough? What else can we show that will strengthen our application?
show whatever you can strong ties at home, i.e taking care of family, ties with local community, events coming up that you must attend etc

for SOWP, i don’t know much. I am under the impression it takes pretty much as long as Spousal PR

Reactions: YousraMashkoor

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The fact that your spouse has applied for PR show intentions of moving to Canada on a permanent basis which will likely raise concerns about whether you are truly a visitor. If you want to live in Canada you should be applying for an SOWP. How long have you been married? How long has your spouse lived in Canada? Was this an arranged marriage? How much of your relationship has been in person? What is your international travel experience especially in the past 5 years? Is your job considered well paid and how long have you been working there? When does your spouse’s WP expire?

Mar 19, 2024
The fact that your spouse has applied for PR show intentions of moving to Canada on a permanent basis which will likely raise concerns about whether you are truly a visitor. If you want to live in Canada you should be applying for an SOWP. How long have you been married? How long has your spouse lived in Canada? Was this an arranged marriage? How much of your relationship has been in person? What is your international travel experience especially in the past 5 years? Is your job considered well paid and how long have you been working there? When does your spouse’s WP expire?

Hi, he has been in Canada for 3 years now and yes it was an arrange marriage which is less than a year. I have been working for 3 years now but at my current company I've been here for about an year. My most recent travel is to Saudia Arab in 2018. Is my application frail?
Can I apply for SOWP alongside TRV and what is the minimum processing time for SWOP?