+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection after Passport Request

roger01

Aug 1, 2017
Hey Guys!

I got a passport request letter on October 4th; passport got delivered to Ottawa on October 6th.
How long on average should I wait before emailing them asking about the status? 2-3 weeks?
Also, do you know if they can still reject my application even after passport request or if they are again doing some sorts of background checks or it is over, and only a visa stamp is left to be attached to my passport?

Thank you for help.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hey Guys!

I got a passport request letter on October 4th; passport got delivered to Ottawa on October 6th.
How long on average should I wait before emailing them asking about the status? 2-3 weeks?
Also, do you know if they can still reject my application even after passport request or if they are again doing some sorts of background checks or it is over, and only a visa stamp is left to be attached to my passport?

Thank you for help.
Not sure about how long you need to wait (as I haven't gotten to that point yet unfortunately :( )

But I've never heard of anyone getting rejected after receiving a passport request. TECHNICALLY, rejections are possible AT ANY POINT, up until you land and claim your PR and, even then, even after that, your PR can be revoked if it's discovered that you misrepresented yourself in some way, on your application.

But I'm sure you didn't misrepresent anything, so you should be fine :)

Reactions: roger01

roger01

Aug 1, 2017
Not sure about how long you need to wait (as I haven't gotten to that point yet, unfortunately :( )

But I've never heard of anyone getting rejected after receiving a passport request. TECHNICALLY, rejections are possible AT ANY POINT, up until you land and claim your PR and, even then, even after that, your PR can be revoked if it's discovered that you misrepresented yourself in some way, on your application.

But I'm sure you didn't misrepresent anything, so you should be fine :)
Thank you. I hope all will be fine. I am not worried about misrepresentation because I was honest with CIC. Just got worried that it takes them a long time to stamp passports :(

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you. I hope all will be fine. I am not worried about misrepresentation because I was honest with CIC. Just got worried that it takes them a long time to stamp passports :(
Oh; well, I don't think you need to worry. I'm not at that stage yet, but I'm pretty sure the average passport stamping time varies between 2 weeks and a month. You're still within normal timeframes.

roger01

Aug 1, 2017
Oh; well, I don't think you need to worry. I'm not at that stage yet, but I'm pretty sure the average passport stamping time varies between 2 weeks and a month. You're still within normal timeframes.
I hope so! Good luck with your process too, friend! I hope you get PPR soon!

MenahilZ

Oct 6, 2021
Hi, I received an email for passport request and then sent my passport but I received it back after 3 weeks and there was no stamp on it. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Rustom

Sep 26, 2021
Hi, I received an email for passport request and then sent my passport but I received it back after 3 weeks and there was no stamp on it. Can anyone tell me what this means?
I am not at this stage yet, but i have seen a similar case where the applicant received PPR and by rush sent the passports to the case processing VO !! while it should be delivered to the nearest VAC ! the same center of biometrics, i hope this could clarify otherwise no information from me

If you post the instruction E-mail it will be more informative to seniors to figure it out ? just delete your name and UCI # and copy past the content instructions

good luck

Last edited: