+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected Visa “ You do not have significant family ties outside Canada”

czaars30

Sep 11, 2024
Hello all, I’m a 24 year old college student, I’m looking to get a visitors visa to visit cousins of mine in Canada during the 3rd of October to the 13th, and I got my visa rejected, citing lack of family ties to my country, even though I provided multiple proof of my enrollment in my college, as well as means to pay for my own trip (with help from my parents, which I cited), I also provided proof of multiple trips I’ve taken to Canada back to when my country only required an eta, and also a Canadian visa I had back when my country required visas (for my country, Canada required visas, then took them down, then recently requested them again), I also submitted a month long upcoming trip to Spain I have on October 16th, which is the reason why I have to return. Is there any advice you guys can give my so that my next attempt can be more successful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, have a wonderful day:)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all, I’m a 24 year old college student, I’m looking to get a visitors visa to visit cousins of mine in Canada during the 3rd of October to the 13th, and I got my visa rejected, citing lack of family ties to my country, even though I provided multiple proof of my enrollment in my college, as well as means to pay for my own trip (with help from my parents, which I cited), I also provided proof of multiple trips I’ve taken to Canada back to when my country only required an eta, and also a Canadian visa I had back when my country required visas (for my country, Canada required visas, then took them down, then recently requested them again), I also submitted a month long upcoming trip to Spain I have on October 16th, which is the reason why I have to return. Is there any advice you guys can give my so that my next attempt can be more successful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, have a wonderful day:)
How can you travel to Spain and Canada during school year as a college student?