+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reissue of Passport Request Letter Visitor Visa

Saikat92

Feb 22, 2022
Hello,

My parents received the Passport Request Letter from IRCC, however they failed to send their passports within 30 days. What could happen in this situation? They have submitted a webform to IRCC explaining the situation however yet to hear from them. Does IRCC reissue Passport Request Letter, or entertain passports sent after the specified timeframe? Or do they cancel the existing application and ask to submit a fresh one?

Last edited:

kk240391

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Hello,

My parents received the Passport Request Letter from IRCC, however they failed to send their passports within 30 days. What could happen in this situation? They have submitted a webform to IRCC explaining the situation however yet to hear from them. Does IRCC reissue Passport Request Letter, or entertain passports sent after the specified timeframe? Or do they cancel the existing application and ask to submit a fresh one?
Since you raised a webform I believe you can now send the passports with existing PPR letter. Just write an explanation letter and attach confirmation email for raised webform.