+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rehabilation not accepted ...help pls

lightblue7

Jan 9, 2010
I am a Canadian and have been married for 1 yrs and a half. We have decided to live in Quebec. With a past criminal issues and after applying for rehabilation at the Canadian Consulate and being refused , stating that I remain inadmissible to Canada because I am a person described in Subsection 36 (1)(b) I am not sure what to do or what my options are.
Thank-you in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lightblue7 said:
I am a Canadian and have been married for 1 yrs and a half. We have decided to live in Quebec. With a past criminal issues and after applying for rehabilation at the Canadian Consulate and being refused , stating that I remain inadmissible to Canada because I am a person described in Subsection 36 (1)(b) I am not sure what to do or what my options are.
Thank-you in advance
1. You mean your spouse don't you?

Serious criminality
36. (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of serious criminality for
(a) having been convicted in Canada of an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years, or of an offence under an Act of Parliament for which a term of imprisonment of more than six months has been imposed;
(b) having been convicted of an offence outside Canada that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years; or
(c) committing an act outside Canada that is an offence in the place where it was committed and that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years.

You can apply for rehabilitation 5 years after the completion on the sentence. See; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5312E.PDF If this was refused, then the only thing that your sponsor can do is appeal to the IAD, the information should have been in the refusal letter s/he was given.

PMM

lightblue7

Jan 9, 2010
Thank-you for answer PMM

Yes it is my spouse he is an American and we did apply for rehabilation after the 5 years and was refused. Does anyone know how they determine rehabilation. Please tell me what is the IAD.
Thank-you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lightblue7 said:
Thank-you for answer PMM

Yes it is my spouse he is an American and we did apply for rehabilation after the 5 years and was refused. Does anyone know how they determine rehabilation. Please tell me what is the IAD.
Thank-you
IAD Immigration appeal division.
Rehabilitation see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/rehabil.asp

PMM