+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding strike in Abudhabi

Esstee

Sep 7, 2013
According to the foreign workers’ union, the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), the workers are to withdraw all services from July 29 in Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo and Shanghai.
The strike has already negatively affected the tourism sectors and educational institutions and organizations, with students withdrawing from courses and visitors cancelling trips to Canada due to their visa applications not being processed in time. NOW THE QUESTION IS THIS..what about the online application submission?as i have applied online on 4th september.i heard that the online applications r processing in Ottawa. Is that true?? And what about the passport ,where passport can be submit if the strike is on.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Esstee, Can you please give me the link where you found that list of places where the PAFSO withdrew all workers?

Now, to answer your question, this has been an ongoing debate on these forums. No one knows for sure where the online TRV applications are being processed. What I know for certain is that it says on the CIC website "electronic applications give CIC flexibility to move case applications to offices with the capacity to handle them." Does that mean they are simply moving these applications to other visa offices (i.e. Africa, South America) which are not on strike? No one knows enough to answer this.

On a side note: A coworker of mine recently showed me a news article online which said CIC has processed over 40,000 student visa applications IN OTTAWA this summer. So clearly, CIC has the capacity to handle large number of cases in Ottawa. And now that the school year has started, perhaps CIC can focus on processing the online TRV applications in Ottawa.

Anyway, please tell me where you found the list of VOs that went on strike on July 29. Thanks.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cicsnews.com/
The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), the union for Canadian diplomats, has withdrawn some of its members from the 15 largest foreign Canadian visa processing centres in order to pressure the government to come to a deal on their pay dispute.

The strike is affecting visa and immigration services at Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai, though visas are continuing to be issued, and permanent residency applications processed, at a slower pace.

Esstee

Sep 7, 2013
O-guy, having problem to post the link, but bonitaellada has posted the link, this is the same .thanx for ur reply

samdxb89

Aug 30, 2013
I had this same doubt, I applied online about 2 weeks ago, and i got a reply in 5 days with a passport request. Now i'm not sure if the strike is affecting the procedure after acceptance, since it's been a week since they received my passport and no correspondence ever since.

Hoping to receive it soon.

Esstee

Sep 7, 2013
samdxb89 said:
I had this same doubt, I applied online about 2 weeks ago, and i got a reply in 5 days with a passport request. Now i'm not sure if the strike is affecting the procedure after acceptance, since it's been a week since they received my passport and no correspondence ever since.

Hi samdxb89, have u applied for the tourist visa? If you did, which documents did you submit and how much bank statement did you show? Actually, I applied for the tourist visa on 4th sept online, I'm still waiting for their response. I would appreciate if you reply..

Esstee

Sep 7, 2013
Need to know,if tourist visa rejected once, than after how much time we can apply again ??

samdxb89

Aug 30, 2013
Esstee said:
samdxb89 said:

Hi samdxb89, have u applied for the tourist visa? If you did, which documents did you submit and how much bank statement did you show? Actually, I applied for the tourist visa on 4th sept online, I'm still waiting for their response. I would appreciate if you reply..
I applied for TRV, i submitted all the documents mentioned in the checklist plus i included my housing documents here and a very detailed letter of explanation, oh and the Bank Statement of 4 months, as mentioned in the checklist. You should receive the reply this week, i guess a day or 2 delay would be normal considering the past weekend.
You can immediately apply again. However, if god forbid your application is rejected, i would advise you to focus on the points they give you for the reason for rejection, with detailed explanations in the letter of explanation.

Esstee

Sep 7, 2013
samdxb89 said:
I applied for TRV, i submitted all the documents mentioned in the checklist plus i included my housing documents here and a very detailed letter of explanation, oh and the Bank Statement of 4 months, as mentioned in the checklist. You should receive the reply this week, i guess a day or 2 delay would be normal considering the past weekend.
You can immediately apply again. However, if god forbid your application is rejected, i would advise you to focus on the points they give you for the reason for rejection, with detailed explanations in the letter of explanation.
Samdxb89, thank you so much for your detailed reply,appreciated.hope to hear good news from ur side soon,pray for me as well. :)

samdxb89

Aug 30, 2013
Esstee said:
samdxb89 said:
Samdxb89, thank you so much for your detailed reply,appreciated.hope to hear good news from ur side soon,pray for me as well. :)
Your Welcome, all the best to you as well.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonitaellada said:
http://www.cicsnews.com/
The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), the union for Canadian diplomats, has withdrawn some of its members from the 15 largest foreign Canadian visa processing centres in order to pressure the government to come to a deal on their pay dispute.

The strike is affecting visa and immigration services at Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai, though visas are continuing to be issued, and permanent residency applications processed, at a slower pace.
bonitaellada, thank you very much for the link. I read many articles which said there was full strike at 15 visa offices but I was unable to see a list showing those exact visa offices. Thanks again. I hope and pray that my wife's TRV online application didn't go to Manila.