+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding spousal sponsorship with no job.

Jonnyblond

Mar 20, 2017
Hey everyone...how's she going. Anyways..I have just a few questions. Ok...I'm about to get married to my fiancée in Ukraine and tonight my parents looked over the immigration process and made it look next to impossible. I've been engaged to my fiancée for 2 years and have all the epic proofs of a legitimate relationship, emails, photos, Skype calls, VK messaging, Facebook, 7 visits which were 50 days each time, etc. Trust me..I know long distance relationships are for people not on a budget. But I've pulled it off. In the next month or so I'm getting married to the woman of my dreams but here's the catch. When Alberta went bad and I got laid off but went on unemployment for the year. I wasn't working so I moved home to my parents house. So I had no bills or rent to pay. I'm totally appreciative that my parents were cool in that aspect. The deal is this... The only reason why I haven't seeked employment is because I was just waiting for the right time to get married. She's definitely the one. Such consistency and awesomeness. So once we get married And all that jazz i am going to find work pretty quickly. It'll happen. Now as soon as I find work but where I haven't been employed for a year. How hard will it be to tell the immigration officer that I got work now and everything is cool. I have worked in the past as a pipefitter and I got my education through college and once Alberta fires up again then I'm heading back out there to do my career. I'm already a second year apprentice and the money's pretty decent as it pays 26$ am hour. But if I go to Alberta then I have rent, bills, etc. But if I find just a decent job in New Brunswick will that be good enough for the CIC.

I've been reading lots about people have sponsored their spouses with no job but they just have to write a letter stating how they plan on supporting their spouse in their application. Like I said finding work is no problem but it's that needing 12 months of it on the record is where I'm going to fall short. As soon as I'm married to my spouse in a month or two...do I have to work a whole twelve months then apply for her to get here to Canada. Thank you everyone who replies...it's appreciated. I just want things to work out.

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Does you future wife have dependant children? I understand that you have to meet a minimum income requirement if your spouse has dependent children and the 12 month proof of finances is only required if your spouse is bringing a grandchild with them to Canada under the sponsorship.

Read this carefully: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

Are you still on unemployment?

Jonnyblond

Mar 20, 2017
Thank you Kat for replying. My fiancée has no children. We have been in a relationship for 2 years and I will be able to find work and like I posted that I'm living at home rent free, bill free and finding a job won't be a problem once I get married and we start the application. I just read that even if you don't have employment you can sometimes even sponsor your spouse if you have a means of supporting them.

The main thing I was trying to get at..I know...I'm all over the place somewhat. But if I find work and I'm employed and I don't have the 12 month previous history. Would it still be ok to apply for my spouse to come to Canada. I just don't want to do the whole application in vain if they aren't happy about me only having worked for a couple of months and they want that 12 month history. But if just having work and all my proofs of our relationship is cool with the immigration officer then that would be cool and I'd have tons of confidence in it. I already do and I think I would be fine just going ahead with the process after I get married and am working...I think I got a good shot at getting my little vixen in.

Any other advice would be wonderful kat or anybody else. Thank you for replying. You rule.

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
We applied with the old forms so it may have changed a little, but I believe you have to give the details of your employment for the past 5 years. In your application there will be a 1 year gap that the officer may ask you to explain. But there is no employment requirement, so it shouldn't be a problem as long as you can show that you have a plan and are able to support your spouse.

EI isn't social assistance, so that shouldn't cause a problem.

Good luck getting back into the working world and saving up for your future together!