+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding SOWP extension within Canada or outside Canada

jimit1806

Oct 11, 2024
Hi All,

I have below queries regarding my SOPW extensions based on my wife's dependent visa.

Option 1:
Can you let me know if my SOWP is expiring on 15th April 2024 due to passport expiry date and my wife's study is going to be finished in December 2024? So, she must apply for the work permit in Jan,24. I am in India right now. So should i go to canada to apply her PWGP and my extension together?

Option 2:
Or can we apply my extension after she has applied her PGWP and her status will be on applied. Because i have seen that final 3 years work permit takes around 3-4 months and if she applies in January it will be around in may and my visa is getting expired in 15th April,2025. So can i apply my extension after i land in canada in feb end with her application status as applied ?

Should I apply for my SOPW extension with my wife even if she does not have a full-time job as she is working part time
in the otter co op as a cashier which is kind of Walmart style grocery store.. What if I lose my status after 15th April and i am in canada because of her part time job and extension rejection due to that, do I have to apply for the SOWP again as a fresh candidate, or can I apply for restoration of status from India?

Any help will be appreciated.

venu2555

Oct 3, 2024
My spouse, her biometric is presented in 2019, it's not been 10 years yet but received aging so suppose to give again ?

Initial visa- student visa
2nd application- Work permit Extension