+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding pr delay

chans007

Nov 29, 2013
Hello everyone just want to have information on
we applied for our pr on 15 october .. we login its been more than six months we have not received pr..
can anybody tell me why this is the case ..is there any chance of getting pr?
on status it shows we have clered medical we dont need to do anything in this ..we have sent mail to immigration as well after 6 months ..

chans007

Nov 29, 2013
Some applications take longer. You can order GCMS notes. Not really delayed enough to do anything about it.
what is the chance of getting pr in this sceneario ,,my consultant is saying that all are getting pr but its taking time ..can anyone have idea exactly how much time it will take.. i tried to call cic but no response on this ...we applied in express entry in oct 2018 ..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
what is the chance of getting pr in this sceneario ,,my consultant is saying that all are getting pr but its taking time ..can anyone have idea exactly how much time it will take.. i tried to call cic but no response on this ...we applied in express entry in oct 2018 ..
No one can tell you how much longer it will take.

Calling will not give you info. As previously mentioned, you will only find out for sure where your application is stuck by the GCMS notes.

Do you or any relative have any travel, military, or government history that may be of concern to Canadian national security?

chans007

Nov 29, 2013
No one can tell you how much longer it will take.

Calling will not give you info. As previously mentioned, you will only find out for sure where your application is stuck by the GCMS notes.

Do you or any relative have any travel, military, or government history that may be of concern to Canadian national security?
yes my father was in army .. he is army retired officer
is it issue if we are from army background ?
hope this should not be problem in getting pr

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
yes my father was in army .. he is army retired officer
is it issue if we are from army background ?
hope this should not be problem in getting pr
It’s possible your father’s military history did delay the background check, even if your wife is the primary applicant. You are migrating with her after all so they have to check you and your own relatives too, naturally.

If this is the case, the issue may also come from the military taking their sweet time to respond to CSIS.

Last edited:

chans007

Nov 29, 2013
It’s possible your father’s military history did delay the background check, even if your wife is the primary applicant. You are migrating with her after all so they have to check you and your own relatives too, naturally.

If this is the case, the issue may also come from the military taking their sweet time to respond to CSIS.
ok thanks alot ..let see what happens now..

chans007

Nov 29, 2013
ok thanks alot ..let see what happens now..
iam really tense now ..thinking about whether we wil get or not.
other people have received their pr till now ..our consultant is saying its taking time ..
eventhough our all documents were perfect as per our consultant ...
my wife is teacher in school having 8 years of experince in same school ..iam ielts examiner with british council..
our consultant sent them mail on 16
today we have received mail from them saying ..its on process ...we will notify you once we are done with final decision..