+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding English language requirement.

Kassis 1989

May 20, 2014
Hi,

We are applying for Citizenship. Regarding English language requirements, my son completed (IGCSE) and Edexcel O-Level and we have the certificates and transcripts, would these be sufficient proof of meeting English language requirements.

Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Regards.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably they will accept and you may include the copies in the application and send it out asap. In case they are not accepting, the application will be returned within 1-2 weeks and you can then have your son attend a CELPIP-LS test and send it again with the result. These will not affect your citizenship application negatively other than losing some 3-4 weeks (should they dont accept initially). I was in the same situation as my first application in Jan 2016 had the CLB test result not accepted and then applied again in Feb with the CELPIP. I took a chance there.
My 2 cents and anyways up to you.

javedcad

Jun 30, 2016
Hi I have a question regarding my english language requirement to apply for citizenship.as I am studying in 2nd year of my diploma program in ontario (3 years ontario college advance diploma), will i have to go for language test or should i send my 2 years educational transcript with citizenship application?
Thanks

roli001

Jul 29, 2015
Burlington
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kassis 1989 said:
Hi,

We are applying for Citizenship. Regarding English language requirements, my son completed (IGCSE) and Edexcel O-Level and we have the certificates and transcripts, would these be sufficient proof of meeting English language requirements.

Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Regards.
Based on information from the CIC website the IGCSE should be sufficient as language proof:

...you must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. The diploma, certificate or transcript should be in English or French. If it is not in English or French, you must also send a certified English or French translation of the document. It should clearly show that the program was completed with English or French as the language of instruction.

roli001

Jul 29, 2015
Burlington
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
javedcad said:
Hi I have a question regarding my english language requirement to apply for citizenship.as I am studying in 2nd year of my diploma program in ontario (3 years ontario college advance diploma), will i have to go for language test or should i send my 2 years educational transcript with citizenship application?
Thanks
Based on CIC website....you can submit a report card if you are between the age of 14-17. If I'm reading the information correctly then you would have to finish a program to be eligible to present that as proof of your language abilities if you are above 17 yo.

Have you completed a secondary or post-secondary program, in French or in English, in Canada or abroad?

If yes, send a copy of your diploma, certificate or transcript that shows you completed the program.

For applicants who are 14 to 17 years old, a copy of the most recent report card or progress report from an educational institution where the language of instruction was in either English or French is acceptable. If you do not have a copy of the most recent report card or progress report, please fill out the Educational Enrolment Confirmation for Citizenship (PDF, 603.60 KB) form. For more information, please see Language proof for children 14 to 17 years of age.

Note: To submit this type of evidence, you must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. The diploma, certificate or transcript should be in English or French. If it is not in English or French, you must also send a certified English or French translation of the document. It should clearly show that the program was completed with English or French as the language of instruction.