+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Designation

ikbal_560

Nov 8, 2014
I worked in a IT company as a Sr. Executive, Credit Control & Finance Department. My role was same as an accountant. In our company, job title designed like- Junior Executive, Executive, Sr Executive, Assistant Manager, Manager. Not like Junior Accountant, Accountant, Sr. Accountant.

I got experience certificate from my company and in the certificate they mentioned my job title is Sr. Executive, Credit Control & Finance Department. Now i am an Accountant and i want to apply in Accountant category.

If i apply in accountant category, will cic consider my previous experience as an accountant????????

Thanks

Ikbal

iamdare

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
CIC will consider your experience up to 10 years ago as long as it it relates to the NOC you are applying for.

CIC understands that job titles vary. Once the duties stated in your experience letter matches the duties of your NOC, you should be fine. However make sure you write the appropriate title and NOC code when filling your forms.

Also, it will be helpful if on the reference letter, the title of "senior accountant" is used instead of "senior executive".

Wish you the best in your application.