+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding changes coming June 6, 2017

lisap88

Jan 23, 2017
I was initially waiting until the fall to apply for Canada immigration because there were things here in the US I wanted to get in order first. But now that there will be additional points for French speakers and having a sibling in Canada for express entry (neither of which apply to me) I'm wondering if I can beat that! The next IELTS I can take is scheduled for 13 May 2017. 13 days later for results is 26 May 2017. Is there any point to me rushing right now? I mean that close to June for me to be able to do my express entry profile, will I likely end up pitted against those who will get the extra points due to the changes?

Any input appreciated!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
nobody can predict the trend. therr are lots of people with Canadian siblings and those with excellent French skills. their scores will get bumped up and the cut off will increase. someone else's benefit is your loss. if you foresee the rapid rise in cut off, do it now. beat the crowd before they beat you to it. we all want everyone to get ITAs but human nature makes you want to put yourself first and do whatever it takes to get ahead.

i could have waited to for the CRS to drop but I took IELTS 5 times as i didnt want to wait. my score got bumped up and i replaced someone else who could have gotten an ITA instead of me.

aditi04

Feb 9, 2017
If you really are looking to get a Canadian PR, apply sooner than later. Create a profile and if you get an ITA, apply for the PR. Getting a PR does not require you to go to Canada immediately. Thus, you can get the PR and keep the status until you take time to wrap up things in the US. I read somewhere that you are required to go to Canada within first year of getting the approved PR. So, you will have plenty of time until that.

lisap88

Jan 23, 2017
aditi04 said:
If you really are looking to get a Canadian PR, apply sooner than later. Create a profile and if you get an ITA, apply for the PR. Getting a PR does not require you to go to Canada immediately. Thus, you can get the PR and keep the status until you take time to wrap up things in the US. I read somewhere that you are required to go to Canada within first year of getting the approved PR. So, you will have plenty of time until that.
Yeah I'm thinking more and more this is my best option. Especially with what the US is doing I need to be sure I can get somewhere! Lol. Thanks for the input both of you! Guess it's time to schedule this IELTS!