+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding change in job Title

aero

Nov 18, 2014
Hi Members,

I am a mechanical engineer by qualification however I have 8 years of experience in Aerospace design field.

Last year I applied for ICT Work permit under Mechanical engineer Technologist (Noc 2232) and it got rejected stating following reason:

"you have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulation exempting you from the requirement to obtain a
work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. as a result, your offer of employment must
be the subject of economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. your employer in Canada should contact the local officer department
of the human resources and skills development Canada to begin in this process."

Now again I want to apply, this time I am applying as aerospace engineer, NOC 2146
Is it ok to change job title from Mechanical engineer Technologist (Noc 2232) to Aerospace engineer (Noc 2146)?

Please advise

aero

Nov 18, 2014
aero said:
Hi Members,

I am a mechanical engineer by qualification however I have 8 years of experience in Aerospace design field.

Last year I applied for ICT Work permit under Mechanical engineer Technologist (Noc 2232) and it got rejected stating following reason:

"you have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulation exempting you from the requirement to obtain a
work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. as a result, your offer of employment must
be the subject of economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. your employer in Canada should contact the local officer department

Now again I want to apply, this time I am applying as aerospace engineer, NOC 2146
Is it ok to change job title from Mechanical engineer Technologist (Noc 2232) to Aerospace engineer (Noc 2146)?

Please advise

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
aero said:
Hi Members,

Please advise
Yes i don't see any reason that it will not be accepted as far as you do all of the jobs and responsbilites or most of the jobs and responsbilites mentioend for this NOC there is no problem. But do not misrepresent or manipulate anything that 's the only caution you should consider.