+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding admission in civil program

gagaana

Aug 12, 2012
hello.... i m studying in 3rd year b.tech in electrical engg . but i m interested in civil engineering so, please anybody tell me that can i go to canada for civil engineering technician/technology program after my graduation . if not then , please tell me that how is it possible to get admission in civil engineering related course in canada.................

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
gagaana said:
hello.... i m studying in 3rd year b.tech in electrical engg . but i m interested in civil engineering so, please anybody tell me that can i go to canada for civil engineering technician/technology program after my graduation . if not then , please tell me that how is it possible to get admission in civil engineering related course in canada.................
Even if you get admission in Civil Engineering, you won't be able to get visa. The chances of visa refusal based on 'course mismatch' are maximum.

gagaana

Aug 12, 2012
is it possible to get admission in electrical field and after reaching canada to change in civil engineering field...?????????????????

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
gagaana said:
is it possible to get admission in electrical field and after reaching canada to change in civil engineering field...?????????????????
Well I am not sure whether you are eligible for Civil Engineering or not. If you are, then you can switch your field once you are in Canada.

tiger007

Champion Member
gagaana said:
Hi,

It is possible;

Get visa on an appropriate course and then reach Canada, and change the course to civil engineering tech (provided u r eligible and get admission). No need to notify CIC if you r changing on same level, but if you are changing form say PG to UG, then you will need to notify CIC, by applying for change in visa condition to CPC,Alberta and then only after approval form CPC, you can join the civil engineering tech. diploma.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.