Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello

Kind of in a situation here!

This is for my brother.

Finished school in 2022 (Dec study permit expired). Applied for PGWP but got refused stating that I took 2 semesters as part time in the end. I explained why I did because of Covid and also that 2 of my courses were in waitlisted and I couldnt get in. I am a gradute in Com Sci.

I applied for restoration of status + PGWP = refused.

Got a lawyer, applied for TRV, approved. Then applied for TRV + PGWP = Refused saying I was a part time student. Although my lawyer wrote a big letter with facts and stating other laws too. The GSM notes felt like they really didnt read much.

What are my options please? With all these I am panicking now because I really want to stay back after having completed my degree.

If you have other thoughts let me know please.

I would love them.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

This is for my brother.

Finished school in 2022 (Dec study permit expired). Applied for PGWP but got refused stating that I took 2 semesters as part time in the end. I explained why I did because of Covid and also that 2 of my courses were in waitlisted and I couldnt get in. I am a gradute in Com Sci.

Got a lawyer, applied for TRV, approved. Then applied for TRV + PGWP = Refused saying I was a part time student. Although my lawyer wrote a big letter with facts and stating other laws too. The GSM notes felt like they really didnt read much.

What are my options please? With all these I am panicking now because I really want to stay back after having completed my degree.

I would love them.

Thank you
Options for what? You graduated almost 2 years ago. A PGWP is not an option. What was the error in law as you couldn’t be part time except the last semester. Waitlisted is not a reason. If in Canada then go home.

Focus on immigration programs. Learn French. Max IELTS.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello

This is for my brother.

I would love them.

Thank you
Book a flight and go home

Reactions: Naturgrl

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello

This is for my brother.

I would love them.

Thank you
The lawyer could of written a manifesto , but the law states they must be a full time student with the exception being there last semester

The VO and subsequent VO’s correctly applied the law

And the officer more than likely never read the letter the lawyer wrote . In the whole scheme of things it was irrelevant. Lawyer can’t override the law

If the student / visitor now hasn’t extended there stay they are way out of status and must leave