+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Application - Deleting work experience from new profile

zionative

Sep 10, 2020
Hi all, I got my previous application rejected due to no roles and responsibilities. I had claimed two 2 years of work experience with different employers. One of the employers didn't indicate the roles.

However, I would like to get invited again but I would like to remove one of the employers - who previously indicated my resposnsibilties because I do not want to claim any points for it.

I have reached out to the other employer to provide a letter with the correct format (inclusive of the responsibilities) - I'm doing this as my score still remains the same whether I claim 1 or 2 years and the employer is globally recognized than the other

Do you think this might be an issue for the officer who may check my previous application on why it was refused. Should I attach an LOE and how can I sound compelling to convince the officer on my change? Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Reactions: yasw

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi all, I got my previous application rejected due to no roles and responsibilities. I had claimed two 2 years of work experience with different employers. One of the employers didn't indicate the roles.

However, I would like to get invited again but I would like to remove one of the employers - who previously indicated my resposnsibilties because I do not want to claim any points for it.

I have reached out to the other employer to provide a letter with the correct format (inclusive of the responsibilities) - I'm doing this as my score still remains the same whether I claim 1 or 2 years and the employer is globally recognized than the other

Do you think this might be an issue for the officer who may check my previous application on why it was refused. Should I attach an LOE and how can I sound compelling to convince the officer on my change? Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
You don't need to attach any letter of explanation as that is a completely new application. However, they will have the red flag in your profile and it might take a while to process your app

zionative

Sep 10, 2020
You don't need to attach any letter of explanation as that is a completely new application. However, they will have the red flag in your profile and it might take a while to process your app
hey thanks for responding. So best bet will be to include everything from initial application ?

yasw

Aug 22, 2019

You don't have to worry about reapplying but I would recommend two things: 1) Do include the past experience (that you won't be claiming points for) in the personal history section, not in the work experience section. 2) And if you got a "Refusal" not a "Cancellation" on your previous PR application, then say "Yes" to the question where you'll be asked if you ever got an application refused before (if it was cancelled that that is another issue, you don't have to mention it). Also, include a LOE explaining that you got your previous application refused because you couldn't provide enough supporting documents and that your previous employer wasn't cooperative enough to tailor the letter of employment according to IRCC guidelines. Attach the final refusal letter with this LOE and upload it along with any other documents you want to the Client's Information section. You have nothing to hide and you are showing them that I might have not been eligible but now I am, so don't worry. Best of luck.