+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal for sponsorship due to misrepresentation

s1971

Jan 22, 2013
Hi guys,

Unfortunately, my family class sponsorship (parental) came refused because of misrepresentation .. I had my two sister's in the sponsorship. I applied for it about 8 years ago and in that long period of time, recently last year one of my sister's got married. Few months ago, we got a DNA request to complete the sponsorship (1.5 year after sending the medical reports). However, my sister who got married, her in-laws are fairly strict and they do not want her to go for a DNA test for whatever reasons of theirs.. In November my dad got a call in India, directly from someone in the consulate. He told them the situation and reason as to why we didn't go through the DNA test and asked to have the case looked at without the DNA test and if so deemed then to remove that sister from the sponsorship (she doesn't really have any intention to come to Canada anymore since she lives with her husband and they are well off). The person took this in the wrong way and said we misrepresented the case and that my sister is not the biological daughter because we are not giving him the DNA test. I got the refusal letter last month saying about the misrepresentation etc.. and a 2 year ban where they can no longer come to Canada for 2 years (even though they currently have multiple visitor visas) and that I cannot sponsor anyone again for 2 years..

Does anyone have any advice or suggestion how I can fight this? I only have 1 month left to take to federal court. My sister won't do the DNA test, my other sister is also getting married soon as well. My sister's have no reason to want to come to Canada any longer really, I just want to bring my parents here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter whether your sisters want to come to Canada or not. That is not the point from the Visa Officer's viewpoint. You applied for your Parents. In the Forms you had to disclose your siblings. They asked to verify whether your sisters are really your parents' daughters. That is why the DNA test. It's a shame what happened to you. But did you try to find out from this forum what you should have done when they asked for the DNA test before communicating with Visa Officer that you can't provide it?

Anyway, you may try posting in the following thread. It is for Parental Sponsorship.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.0.html