+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refunds for canceling Visitors Visa and/or Open Work Permit?

Neato2024

Sep 22, 2024
Hi there! I applied for a visitor visa extension and an open work permit while my PR application (spouse/family class sponsorship) was being processed. Now that my PR is in the final stages and about to be approved, I’m thinking about canceling my visitor visa extension and open work permit applications. If I do cancel, will I get a refund for the fees I paid? Thanks!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi there! I applied for a visitor visa extension and an open work permit while my PR application (spouse/family class sponsorship) was being processed. Now that my PR is in the final stages and about to be approved, I’m thinking about canceling my visitor visa extension and open work permit applications. If I do cancel, will I get a refund for the fees I paid? Thanks!
Probably depend on how far along processing is on the extension and WP. If they've started, probably not.

Reactions: Neato2024

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will you be out of status if you withdraw?