+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refund?

bummer

Apr 6, 2010
We have received approval of our initial application from Sydney Immigration office and are required to now send further documents for further processing to the local canadian embassy.
I was wondering that if on further evaluation my apllication gets rejected, what amount will they refund? full refund or some %?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bummer said:
We have received approval of our initial application from Sydney Immigration office and are required to now send further documents for further processing to the local canadian embassy.
I was wondering that if on further evaluation my apllication gets rejected, what amount will they refund? full refund or some %?
Nothing as the application will have been processed.

RI

Oct 25, 2010
Hello PMM

If your case is rejected at this stage you will undobtedly receive (100%)full refund of the deposited fee .

Thanks

RI

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RI said:
Hello PMM

If your case is rejected at this stage you will undobtedly receive (100%)full refund of the deposited fee .

Thanks

RI
No you won't, they processed the application, so they keep the fee. Do you really think that they will refund unsuccessful applicants when the processing has been completed?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PMM,

What if an applicant was sent an AOR in which they wrote that it will take 42 - 48 Months to process his/her file and they are then not able to do that within that period i.e the 48 Months "expire" and the applicants file is not processed (finalized).
Can the applicant, if he/she is no longer interested in immigrating, then request a refund or not?

Thanks.

BobbyB

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bummer said:
You will not get any refund for rejection, as your application is deemed processed.
However if you withdraw your application before the 120 days expiry then you are entitled for a refund.

Pls. see OP-6 Operational Bulletin Page No. 11:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

"R295 specifies who must pay the cost-recovery fees and the fees for processing an application for
a permanent resident visa. The cost recovery fee is payable at the time the application is made to
the CIO.
The cost recovery fee must be paid only for persons who intend to immigrate to Canada. This
includes the principal applicant and any accompanying family members.
An applicant may withdraw an application and receive a refund of the cost recovery fee any time
before processing of the application begins at a visa office. This rule also applies to applications
that are not eligible for processing according to the Ministerial Instructions. Once processing has
begun at a visa office, the cost recovery fee is not refundable."

Rgds,

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone answer the question below.
What if an applicant was sent an AOR in which they wrote that it will take 42 - 48 Months to process his/her file and they are unable to do that within that period i.e the 48 Months "expire" and the applicants file is not finalized.
Can the applicant, if he/she is no longer interested in immigrating, then request a refund or not?

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobbyB said:
Can someone answer the question below.
What if an applicant was sent an AOR in which they wrote that it will take 42 - 48 Months to process his/her file and they are unable to do that within that period i.e the 48 Months "expire" and the applicants file is not finalized.
First of all CIO, Sydney does not commit a processing time in the AOR that they send to the applicant.
Whenever you send an inquiry about processing time, they will just advise you to visit their website for the latest info on processing times!

Secondly after Feb 2008, no Visa Office is taking so much time to process a application.
Anyways once you submit complete documentation at Visa Office & get a 2nd AOR (this step is deemed as the application has started being processed), you are not entitled to a refund anymore. You have to wait for the decision however long it might take or you can withdraw without any refunds.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukon said:
First of all CIO, Sydney does not commit a processing time in the AOR that they send to the applicant.
Whenever you send an inquiry about processing time, they will just advise you to visit their website for the latest info on processing times!

Secondly after Feb 2008, no Visa Office is taking so much time to process a application.
Anyways once you submit complete documentation at Visa Office & get a 2nd AOR (this step is deemed as the application has started being processed), you are not entitled to a refund anymore. You have to wait for the decision however long it might take or you can withdraw without any refunds.
OK, I don't think you understood the question anyway and with what regards it has been posted. I am not talking of post- feb2008 Candidates. Almost all pre feb2008 got this letter and the rules then were different as well.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobbyB said:
OK, I don't think you understood the question anyway and with what regards it has been posted. I am not talking of post- feb2008 Candidates. Almost all pre feb2008 got this letter and the rules then were different as well.
Logic is the same, at that time applications were submitted to the Visa Office directly. If the Visa Office has not yet called for documents under the simplified application process then the applicant can still ask for withdrawal/refund. However if the documents are submitted then refund is not possible as it is considered In Process, since review would have started.
Irrespective of the time given on the first AOR, the rule remains the same.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukon said:
Logic is the same, at that time applications were submitted to the Visa Office directly. If the Visa Office has not yet called for documents under the simplified application process then the applicant can still ask for withdrawal/refund. However if the documents are submitted then refund is not possible as it is considered In Process, since review would have started.
Irrespective of the time given on the first AOR, the rule remains the same.
The Logic is not the same my friend. Unlike the post feb 2008 or under the new rules, In the pre Feb 2008 cases you only submitted the basic application form, no documents and as such no pre-screening was carried out.(i.e documents were not pre-screened by any office and then transferred to their respective CIC/CHC). Also, The rules are never the same. An application is judged according to the rules that were in place at the time of the application.
Anyway, The Red underlined bit in your previous answer is what I am interested in. Can you show me where that is stated or better said how you came to that conclusion? Also, note the letter most of us have, the so-called AOR's, states categorically about the time period I stated above.
If you can now see where I am coming from, and that is, if one is ready to sit up the time they have stated but they then fail to deliver, should the applicant not be entitled to a refund (Provided no docs update has been requested) and the applicant looses interest in immigrating for whatever and whichever reason(s) and the time elapses and the case is not finalized.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobbyB said:
The Logic is not the same my friend. Unlike the post feb 2008 or under the new rules, In the pre Feb 2008 cases you only submitted the basic application form, no documents and as such no pre-screening was carried out before transferring the cases to their respective CIC/CHC. Also, The rules are never the same. An application is judged according to the rules that were in place at the time of the application.
Anyway, The Red underlined bit in your previous answer is what I am interested in. Can you show me where that is stated or better said how you came to that conclusion? Also, note the letter most of us have, the so-called AOR's, states categorically about the time period I stated above.
If you can now see where I am coming from, and that is, if one is ready to sit up the time they have stated but they then fail to deliver, should the applicant not be entitled to a refund (Provided no docs update has been requested) and the applicant looses interest in immigrating for whatever and whichever reason(s) and the time elapses and the case is not finalized.
Their was no transfer of files for pre-2008 cases.
Applications were received & processed at Visa Office only, CIO Sydney was nowhere in the picture. So it is only VO.
Secondly I am sure about this because I have done it-applied before Feb 2008, withdrawn, re-applied post Feb-2008 & RECEIVED REFUND for the older application. Because my file was never even reviewed once after submission.

BTW I know the pre-2008 process more then most people around here. So whether in your first AOR (pre Feb 2008 case) it is written 48 or 72 months, it is of no consequence as long as VO has not reviewed your application.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukon said:
Their was no transfer of files for pre-2008 cases.
Applications were received & processed at Visa Office only, CIO Sydney was nowhere in the picture. So it is only VO.
Secondly I am sure about this because I have done it-applied before Feb 2008, withdrawn, re-applied post Feb-2008 & RECEIVED REFUND for the older application. Because my file was never even reviewed once after submission.

BTW I know the pre-2008 process more then most people around here. So whether in your first AOR (pre Feb 2008 case) it is written 48 or 72 months, it is of no consequence as long as VO has not reviewed your application.
OK, Thank you.