+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refund?

pao

May 9, 2008
lets say i'll be going home after all the efforts i've done to get a new LMO. can i ask for a refund on all my contribution on EI and CPP and call it quits, bye, bye in this country.

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
pao said:
lets say i'll be going home after all the efforts i've done to get a new LMO. can i ask for a refund on all my contribution on EI and CPP and call it quits, bye, bye in this country.
Hi Pao!
I understand your frustration ! And sometimes I also feel like quitting and just going home. But don't! At least not until you really tried everything!!!! And I mean everything!

Oh and by the way - I filed my tax return for 2008 and since I am not eligible for CPP and EI as a temporary foreign worker I received at least a partial refund via the tax return from CRA (Canada Revenue Agency).

Hang in there...

When did you apply for your LMO and where?
I applied in Ontario (Toronto) 9 weeks ago and am still waiting... supposively they are processing applications from end of March right now.

Take care
Brigit

pao

May 9, 2008
my employer hired an agent to do all the LMO renewal stuff, its the same agency that brought us here. they told us that they started working on it since Feb 09, and up to now...zero. am here in BC. time's slipping....