+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee seeker!

leo9379

Jun 7, 2010
Hi, I'm a legal worker on the process to become a permanent resident, my ex and I split up back in september I was sponsoring her and she had a visitor record (we were in common-law) so she lost her sponsorship rights because I'm not a resident yet, so she apply for refugee status claiming she has to take care of our kids, but we both take care of them the same, she does not speak english, she does not have a job and has no skills, how probably is she could stay in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
leo9379 said:
Hi, I'm a legal worker on the process to become a permanent resident, my ex and I split up back in september I was sponsoring her and she had a visitor record (we were in common-law) so she lost her sponsorship rights because I'm not a resident yet, so she apply for refugee status claiming she has to take care of our kids, but we both take care of them the same, she does not speak english, she does not have a job and has no skills, how probably is she could stay in Canada?
Needing to take care of your children is not a reason for applying for refugee status. Did she provide any other reasons apart from that? If not - the refugee application is certainly going to be refused.

Are you certainly she didn't apply for H&C instead of refugee?

leo9379

Jun 7, 2010
She might have applied for H&C, would that give her a chance?, for her refugee status she has no more arguments to stay, I think she could go back to her home country, learn english and get some skills and apply for a job like everyone else. thanks for the advise.